Auburn vs Missouri Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 14 (Back the Underdog at Neville Arena)
Auburn vs Missouri Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- Auburn (17-8, 7-5 SEC) vs. Missouri (19-6, 7-5 SEC)
- Date: Tuesday, February 14, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Venue: Neville Arena -- Auburn, Alabama
- Coverage: ESPN2
The 2022-23 college basketball season continues on Tuesday with an exciting matchup between the Missouri Tigers and Auburn Tigers. Missouri enters as a victor in five of its last six games following an 86-85 win over Tennessee on Saturday. DeAndre Gholston drained a game-winning three-pointer.
Meanwhile, Auburn fell short in a 77-69 loss to Alabama on Saturday to suffer its third straight defeat in conference play. Wendell Green Jr. posted a team-high 24 points on a 7-of-19 shooting mark, but the Tigers logged only 11 assists as a team. Which SEC squad will earn a valuable victory tonight?
Auburn vs Missouri Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: AUBURN: (-275) | MIZZOU: (+220)
- Spread: AUBURN: -6.5 (-110) | MIZZOU: +6.5 (-110)
- Total: 151.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Auburn enters this contest as a notable home favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 151.5 points, which is above average compared to Tuesday's projected totals.
Auburn vs Missouri Betting Trends
- Auburn is 12-13-0 against the spread this season.
- The Auburn Tigers' ATS record as 5.5-point favorites or more is 6-8.
- Auburn has played 25 games this year, and 15 of them have hit the over.
- Missouri's record against the spread is 13-10-0.
- The Missouri Tigers have an ATS record of 3-2 as 5.5-point underdogs or more.
- Missouri has played 23 games this year, and 13 of them have hit the over.
|Auburn Rank||Auburn AVG||Missouri AVG||Missouri Rank|
Auburn vs Missouri Prediction & Pick
Both of these teams have spent time ranked in the AP Poll this season and a win here could catapult the victor right back into the top 25. Missouri has leaned on an offense that averages 82.1 points per game (No. 9 in NCAA), while Auburn has relied on a defensive unit that ranks 26th in efficiency.
That defensive unit also allows only 63.9 points per home game on a shooting percentage of 40.3%. Auburn is 11-2 at Neville Arena this season with an average scoring margin of +9.6. Missouri will be able to keep this one close, but it hasn't earned an away win against Auburn since March of 2017.
Auburn has won 18 of its last 20 home games overall, so back the Tigers to grab some momentum.
Final Score Prediction: Auburn: 79 | Missouri: 76
Auburn vs Missouri Best Bet
There's no overlooking Auburn's recent struggles. The Tigers have lost three straight games as well as five of their last six games. Their defense has been dependable, but their offense has failed to step up when most necessary. It's a development that has allowed their opponents to stay in the game.
Missouri is 4-2 against the spread (ATS) in its last six games overall and 4-1 ATS in its last five games on a Tuesday. Auburn is only 5-8 ATS as a single-digit favorite this season, which highlights how many close games they have played. Take the points in a conference battle that could end up in an upset.
Bet: Missouri Tigers +6.5 (-110)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.