Auburn vs LSU Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- No. 16 Auburn (14-3, 4-1 SEC) vs. LSU (12-5, 1-4 SEC)
- Date: Wednesday, January 18, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Venue: Pete Maravich Assembly Center -- Baton Rouge, Louisiana
The 2022-23 college basketball season continues on Wednesday with an exciting matchup between the No. 16 Auburn Tigers and LSU Tigers. Auburn is coming off an solid 69-63 win over Mississippi State on Saturday. Jaylin Williams led the way with 21 points (8-of-15), 7 rebounds and 2 assists.
Meanwhile, LSU has now dropped four straight games following a 100-66 loss against Alabama on Saturday. The Tigers shot only 29.5% from the floor and forced the Crimson Tide to turn the ball over only eight times. Senior KJ Williams and junior Cam Hayes paced LSU's offense with 10 points each.
Auburn vs LSU Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: AUBURN: (-215) | LSU: (+176)
- Spread: AUBURN: -4.5 (-110) | LSU: +4.5 (-110)
- Total: 138.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Auburn enters this contest as small road favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 138.5 points, which is about average compared to Wednesday's projected totals.
Auburn vs LSU Betting Trends
- Auburn is 7-10-0 against the spread this season.
- The Auburn Tigers have an ATS record of 4-8 as 5.5-point favorites or more.
- Auburn has played 17 games this year, and 10 of them have gone over the total.
- LSU has seven wins in 17 games against the spread this year.
- The LSU Tigers have one win ATS (1-2) as a 5.5-point underdog or more this season.
- LSU has played 17 games this year, and six of them have hit the over.
|Auburn Rank||Auburn AVG||LSU AVG||LSU Rank|
Auburn vs LSU Prediction & Pick
Auburn enters Wednesday ranked as the No. 16 team in the nation on the AP Poll, but its is far from perfect. The Tiger lack a dominant scorer as no one is averaging more than 13.6 points per game. Head coach Bruce Pearls' squad also shoots just 30.2% from three-point range (No. 315 in NCAA).
It's a stellar defense that has been carrying Auburn to victory. The Tigers allow only 63.2 points per game (No. 28 in NCAA) and rank 16th in defensive efficiency. LSU ranks 158th in offensive efficiency and is putting up 69.7 points per game (No. 187 in NCAA). It doesn't have the firepower to win here.
Auburn is also 5-2 straight up in its last seven games against LSU, so rock with the road team.
Final Score Prediction: Auburn: 74 | LSU: 70
Auburn vs LSU Best Bet
Auburn's defense has been great this season, but this point total still checks in a bit too low. After all, the over has cashed in eight of Auburn's last 10 games overall and in each of its last five away games. The total has hit the over in four of the last six head-to-head games between Auburn and LSU as well.
LSU is in need of a bounce-back performance after a disappointing loss to Alabama and I think the home crowd helps the offense stay in it until the final whistle. KJ Williams put up 23 points in the Tigers' most recent home game and has a chance to make a statement with another big game.
Bet: Over 138.5 Points (-110)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.