In MLB action on Wednesday, the Houston Astros take on the Chicago White Sox.
All the info you need to make smart bets on this matchup at FanDuel Sportsbook can be found below. Check out all of the latest MLB betting lines here.
Astros vs White Sox Game Info
- Houston Astros (75-43) vs. Chicago White Sox (61-56)
- Date: Wednesday, August 17, 2022
- Time: 8:10 PM ET
- Venue: Guaranteed Rate Field -- Chicago, Illinois
Astros vs White Sox Odds & Moneyline
- All MLB odds, betting lines and prop bets are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: HOU: (-152) | CHW: (+128)
- Spread: HOU: -1.5 (+112) | CHW: +1.5 (-134)
- Total: 8 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Astros vs White Sox Probable Starting Pitchers
The matchup on the mound for this contest is set with the Houston Astros looking to Framber Valdez (11-4), and Michael Kopech (4-8) answering the bell for the Chicago White Sox.
Astros vs White Sox Prediction & Pick
All MLB win probability predictions and picks are according to numberFire.
Prediction: Astros win (60.0%)
Astros vs White Sox Moneyline
- Chicago is a +128 underdog on the moneyline, while Houston is a -152 favorite on the road.
Astros vs White Sox Spread
- The Astros are at the White Sox and are favored by 1.5 runs on the spread. The Astros are +112 to cover the runline, with the White Sox being -134.
Astros vs White Sox Over/Under
- A total of 8 runs has been set for the Astros-White Sox game on August 17, with the over available at -110 and the under at -110.
Astros vs White Sox Betting Trends
- The Astros have been favorites in 96 games this season and have come away with the win 64 times (66.7%) in those contests.
- This season, Houston has come away with a win 37 times in 58 chances when named as a favorite of at least -156 or shorter on the moneyline.
- Houston and its opponents have gone over the total this season in 43 of their 112 opportunities.
- The White Sox are 19-20 in games they were listed as the moneyline underdog (winning 48.7% of those games).
- In games it has played as a moneyline underdog with odds of +132 or longer, Chicago has a 6-8 record (winning 42.9% of its games).
- Chicago has played in 105 games with an over/under set, and has combined with their opponents to go over the total 45 times (45-54-6).