Arkansas vs Alabama Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- No. 15 Arkansas (12-3, 1-2 SEC) vs. No. 4 Alabama (13-2, 3-0 SEC)
- Date: Wednesday, January 11, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Venue: Bud Walton Arena -- Fayetteville, Arkansas
The 2022-23 college basketball season continues on Wednesday with a thrilling matchup between the No. 4 Alabama Crimson Tide and No. 15 Arkansas Razorbacks. Alabama crushed Kentucky by a score of 78-52 on Saturday for its fourth straight win. Brandon Miller tallied 19 points and 7 rebounds.
Meanwhile, Arkansas fell short in a 72-59 loss to Auburn on Saturday and has now lost two of its last three games. Anthony Black logged a game-high 23 points (5-of-11 shooting) to go along with 7 rebounds. The Razorbacks shot just 33.9% from the floor and 12.5% from three-point range, though.
Arkansas vs Alabama Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: ARK: (-115) | ALA: (-104)
- Spread: ARK: -1.5 (-105) | ALA: +1.5 (-115)
- Total: 153.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Arkansas enters this contest as slight home favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 153.5 points, which is above average compared to Wednesday's projected totals.
Arkansas vs Alabama Betting Trends
- Arkansas is 7-8-0 against the spread this year.
- As 0.5-point favorites or more, the Razorbacks are 6-6 against the spread.
- This season, four of Arkansas' 15 games have hit the over.
- Alabama has covered the spread nine times in 15 games.
- The Crimson Tide are unbeaten ATS (1-0) as a 0.5-point underdog or more this year.
- There have been eight Alabama games (out of 15) that hit the over this year.
|Arkansas Rank||Arkansas AVG||Alabama AVG||Alabama Rank|
Arkansas vs Alabama Prediction & Pick
SEC fans are in for a battle on Wednesday night. Alabama is 3-0 on the road with wins over Houston and Mississippi State, while Arkansas is 8-0 at home with an average scoring margin of +20.0. Two strong basketball programs are going head to head and I find myself siding with the Razorbacks.
Arkansas has a chance to make a statement on Wednesday night provided it keeps up its success at the little things. The Razorbacks rank 24th in total rebounding rate (54.2%) and 23rd in free throws attempted per game (22.9). Controlling the boards and gaining extra points at the line will be crucial.
Alabama has also lost five straight games at Bud Walton Arena, so give me Arkansas here.
Final Score Prediction: Arkansas: 78 | Alabama: 75
Arkansas vs Alabama Best Bet
Arkansas has been nothing but dominant when playing in front of its rowdy fans. The Razorbacks enter this showdown on a 17-game home winning streak and are 6-2-1 against the spread (ATS) in their last nine Wednesday home games. They are allowing just 57.3 points per home game as well.
Alabama is 2-6 straight up and 1-7 ATS in its last eight games against Arkansas dating back to March of 2016. The Crimson Tide haven't won at Bud Walton Arena since 2012 and three of their last five losses there have come by more than 10 points. This is the game that gets Arkansas back on track.
Bet: Arkansas Razorbacks ML (-115)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.