Arizona vs USC Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- No. 11 Arizona (15-3, 4-3 Pac-12) vs. USC (13-5, 5-2 Pac-12)
- Date: Thursday, January 19, 2023
- Time: 9:00 PM ET
- Venue: McKale Center -- Tucson, Arizona
Thursday, Jan. 19's NCAA college basketball schedule features a huge Pac-12 collision as the No. 11 Arizona Wildcats are set to host the USC Trojans.
Following a 14-1 start to the 2022-23 campaign, Arizona has lost two of its last three outings, falling 87-68 to Oregon over the weekend. Meanwhile, USC has wins over Colorado and Utah in its last two games, most recently picking up a 71-56 win over the Utes with help from Boogie Ellis' team-high 17 points.
Can Arizona turn its season around before the slide continues? Or will USC find a way to upset its Pac-12 rival on the road?
Arizona vs USC Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: ARIZ: (-360) | USC: (+280)
- Spread: ARIZ: -8.5 (-105) | USC: +8.5 (-115)
- Total: 151.5 -- Over: (-105) | Under: (-115)
Arizona enters this contest as the clear favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 9 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 151.5 points with the under favored at -115 odds.
Arizona vs USC Betting Trends
- Arizona has seven wins in 18 games against the spread this season.
- The Wildcats are 3-9 as 6.5-point favorites or more.
- Arizona has played 18 games this season, and nine of them have hit the over.
- Against the spread, USC is 10-8-0 this year.
- The Trojans are unbeaten ATS (2-0) as a 6.5-point underdog or greater this year.
- This season, eight of USC's 18 games have hit the over.
|Arizona Rank||Arizona AVG||USC AVG||USC Rank|
Arizona vs USC Prediction & Pick
Despite the recent struggles, Arizona is in a good position to win tonight. The Wildcats' offense (84.8, PPG) is second-best in the country, whereas the Trojans' attack is fairly average (71.2 PPG, T-No. 150). Arizona is also a bit more accurate from the field (49.2%, No. 7) than USC (46.0%, No. 73).
The Wildcats are also excellent at moving the ball around, averaging 19.8 assists per game (No. 2). USC doesn't have the defensive tools to disrupt that kind of movement, allowing 12.8 assists (T-No. 184) while only forcing 13.1 turnovers (No. 155) per game.
With the Wildcats also being a top-five rebounding team, it's clear that Arizona has the advantage in most major areas. USC will be outplayed on both sides of the court, resulting in Arizona getting out of its funk.
Final Score Prediction: Arizona: 82 | USC: 74
Arizona vs USC Best Bet
Although I'm confident in Arizona's ability to win, covering the spread is another story. In addition to being 1-5 ATS in their last six games, the Wildcats are also 1-6 ATS in their last seven Pac-12 matchups.
USC has had success against the spread lately, covering it in six of its last seven games. Furthermore, the Trojans are 4-1 ATS in their last five Pac-12 tilts, as well as 6-2 ATS in their last eight games against the Wildcats.
Needless to say, expect a closer final score than the odds imply.
Bet: USC +8.5 (-115)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.