Arizona vs UCLA Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- No. 11 Arizona (16-3, 5-3 Pac-12) vs. No. 5 UCLA (17-2, 8-0 Pac-12)
- Date: Saturday, January 21, 2023
- Time: 2:00 p.m. ET
- Venue: McKale Center -- Tucson, Arizona
The No. 11 Arizona Wildcats are set to host the No. 5 UCLA Bruins for an exciting Pac-12 clash at McKale Center on Saturday afternoon.
Arizona has alternated wins and losses lately, most recently tallying an 81-66 victory over USC on Thursday. Meanwhile, UCLA has solidified itself as the Pac-12's top team with its 12th straight win — a 74-62 effort against Arizona State where David Singleton and Tyger Campbell combined for 43 points on 14-of-21 (66.7%) shooting.
Can Arizona send the hometown fans happy with a win? Or will UCLA spoil the fun by continuing to assert its dominance over the conference?
Arizona vs UCLA Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: ARIZ: (-125) | UCLA: (+104)
- Spread: ARIZ: -1.5 (-110) | UCLA: +1.5 (-110)
- Total: 149.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Arizona enters this contest as the slim home favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 2 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 149.5 points, which is higher than the average total on Saturday.
Arizona vs UCLA Betting Trends
- Arizona has covered the spread eight times in 19 games.
- The Wildcats have an ATS record of 8-11 as 0.5-point favorites or greater.
- Out of 19 Arizona's games so far this season, nine have gone over the total.
- Against the spread, UCLA is 12-7-0 this season.
- The Bruins have won once ATS (1-1) as a 0.5-point underdog or more this season.
- UCLA has seen nine of its 19 games hit the over.
|Arizona Rank||Arizona AVG||UCLA AVG||UCLA Rank|
Arizona vs UCLA Prediction & Pick
This game is a classic "offense meets defense" matchup. On one hand, Arizona paces the nation with an 84.6 PPG clip on 49.2% shooting (No. 8). On the other, UCLA only surrenders 59.9 PPG (No. 10) this season while only allowing opponents to shoot 37.4% from the field over its last three games.
It should be a close one, but I like Arizona's offense prevailing — especially because of its ball movement. The Wildcats average 19.7 assists per game (No. 2), highlighting their ability to create open looks. The Bruins' defense is good, but they do allow more assists on the road (13.3) than they do at home (10.3).
Arizona also has the rebounding advantage in this matchup, averaging 41.6 boards (No. 3) compared to UCLA's 35.3 (No. 143). With the rowdy McKale Center crowd also being a factor this afternoon, the Wildcats have what it takes to escape with the win.
Final Score Prediction: Arizona: 73 | UCLA: 71
Arizona vs UCLA Best Bet
When it comes to the best bet, I'm siding with the total finishing under 149.5 points. For starters, the under is 7-1 in UCLA's last eight games, as well as 7-3 in Arizona's last 10. Furthermore, the under has been hit in five of the last seven Wildcats-Bruins clashes, which have averaged a combined 139.6 points over that span.
And while Arizona's defense might not be as good as UCLA's, it still only surrenders 69.8 PPG at home, further increasing the likelihood of fewer points than expected.
Bet: Under 149.5 Points (-110)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.