Arizona vs Cal Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 9 (Wildcats Easily Outgun Golden Bears at Haas Pavilion)
Arizona vs Cal Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- No. 4 Arizona (21-3, 10-3 Pac-12) vs. Cal (3-20, 2-10 Pac-12)
- Date: Thursday, February 9, 2023
- Time: 11:00 PM ET
- Venue: Haas Pavilion -- Berkeley, California
- Coverage: Pac-12 Network
Thursday, Feb. 9's NCAA college basketball schedule is loaded with Pac-12 matchups, including an 11 p.m. ET showdown between the No. 4 Arizona Wildcats and California Golden Bears.
This is a matchup between two teams heading in opposite directions. On one hand, Arizona won for the sixth straight game with an 84-52 effort against Oregon State over the weekend. On the other, California's losing streak was extended to seven games with Sunday's 61-46 loss to Utah.
Can Arizona continue to prove why it's one of the country's top teams with another strong effort? Or will California do the unthinkable by handing the Wildcats their fourth loss of the campaign?
Arizona vs Cal Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: ARIZ: (-4000) | CAL: (+1400)
- Spread: ARIZ: -19.5 (-102) | CAL: +19.5 (-120)
- Total: 141.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Arizona enters this contest as the massive road favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 11 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 141.5 points with -110 odds on both sides.
Arizona vs Cal Betting Trends
- Arizona has 12 wins in 24 games against the spread this year.
- Against the spread as 18.5-point favorites or more, the Wildcats are 4-5.
- Out of 24 Arizona's games so far this season, 11 have hit the over.
- Cal has 10 wins in 22 games against the spread this season.
- The Golden Bears are unbeaten ATS (1-0) as a 18.5-point underdog or more this season.
- Cal has played 22 games this season, and 10 of them have hit the over.
|Arizona Rank||Arizona AVG||Cal AVG||Cal Rank|
Arizona vs Cal Prediction & Pick
Although you can never say never in sports, there's no reason to believe that Arizona is in danger tonight. California sits at the bottom of the Pac-12 standings for a reason. The Golden Bears' offense is among the country's worst, averaging only 59.0 points (No. 359) while shooting 40.7% from the field (No. 329) and 29.8% from three-point range (No. 338).
Meanwhile, Arizona averages the sixth-most points (83.3 PPG) on the eighth-best field-goal percentage (48.8%) in the nation. It helps that the Wildcats open the floor with their 19.6 assists per game (No. 2). I don't see their ball movement being in jeopardy considering how the Golden Bears only force 10.5 turnovers on average (T-No. 336).
Arizona is also on a 12-game winning streak against California, having not lost at Haas Pavilion since January 2016. With the Wildcats being the clear-cut better team this time around, once again, I fully expect Arizona to win without much issue.
Final Score Prediction: Arizona: 87 | Cal: 64
Arizona vs Cal Best Bet
With both offenses being at the opposite ends of the spectrum, I see Arizona covering as the 19.5-point favorite. It also helps that the Wildcats are 6-1 ATS in their last seven games against the Golden Bears, as well as 5-0 ATS in their last five trips to Haas Pavilion.
With Cal also being 3-10 ATS at home thus far, Arizona should win this game by a landslide — especially after winning five of the last seven meetings with the Golden Bears by at least 21 points.
Bet: Arizona -19.5 (-102)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.