Albazi vs Figueiredo Fight Info, Date & Time
UFC 278 — Early Prelims Card Flyweight Bout
Amir "The Prince" Albazi (14-1-0, 4 KO's, 8 Submissions) vs. Francisco "Sniper" Figueiredo (13-4-1, 3 KO, 8 Submissions)
Date: Saturday, Aug. 20, 2022
Fight Time: This will be on the early prelims card, which begins at 8 p.m. ET.
Venue: Vivint Arena — Salt Lake City, UT
Coverage: UFC Fight Pass
Albazi vs Figueiredo Odds & Betting Info
All UFC 278 odds, lines and prop bets are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Amir Albazi: (-520)
- Francisco Figueiredo: (+370)
- Draw: (+5000)
Method of Victory:
- Albazi by KO/TKO: (+320)
- Albazi by Points: (+110)
- Albaziby Submission: (+380)
- Figueiredo by KO/TKO: (+1700)
- Figueiredo by Points: (+750)
- Figueiredo by Submission: (+1300)
Albazi vs Figueiredo Prediction
UFC 278 Albazi-Figueiredo prediction is from Tapology Fight Predictions.
Winner: Amir Albazi (92%)
Method of Victory: Submission (47%)
After beginning his UFC career as a bantamweight, Amir Albazi returns to the flyweight division. Regardless of what division he's in, though, Albazi is someone who likes to make his opponents tap out, scoring five submission victories in his last eight outings.
Francisco Figueiredo is a submission artist in his own right, picking up eight of his 13 career wins with that method. He's been up-and-down lately, going 2-1-1 in his last four outings. Nevertheless, Figueiredo hasn't been as close to dominant as Albazi, who has never tapped out in his career.
Don't overthink things: Albazi winning by submission at +380 is the right call here.
Albazi vs Figueiredo Betting Trends & Stats
- Amir Albazi defeated Zhalgas Zhumagulov, by decision, in his last fight on Jan. 23, 2021.
- Francisco Figueiredo defeated Daniel da Silva, by submission, in his last fight on Apr. 30, 2022.
- Albazi averages 4.06 significant strikes landed per minute with a 40% accuracy rate.
- Figueiredo averages 1.98 significant strikes landed per minute with a 60% accuracy rate.
- Albazi averages 3.15 significant strikes absorbed per minute with a 58% defense rate.
- Figueiredo averages 2.59 significant strikes absorbed per minute with a 63% defense rate.
- Albazi averages 2.28 takedowns per 15 minutes.
- Figueiredo has an 82% takedown defense rate.
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.