Alabama vs Texas A&M Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for March 12 SEC Championship (Crimson Tide Thrive in Second Half)
Alabama vs Texas A&M Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball SEC Tournament Championship
- No. 4 Alabama (28-5, 16-2 SEC) vs. No. 18 Texas A&M (25-8, 15-3 SEC)
- Date: Sunday, March 12, 2023
- Time: 1:00 p.m. ET
- Venue: Bridgestone Arena -- Nashville, Tennessee
- Coverage: ESPN
An automatic spot in the NCAA Tournament is up for grabs when the Texas A&M Aggies and Alabama Crimson Tide face off in the SEC Championship on Sunday. The Aggies are aiming to earn the first conference title in school history, while the Crimson Tide are looking to win their second in the last three years.
Texas A&M defeated Vanderbilt by a score of 87-75 in the semifinals in what was its fourth straight win. Meanwhile, Alabama took down Missouri in a 72-61 semifinals victory to capture its sixth win in its last seven games.
Which SEC team will keep momentum rolling in a Sunday afternoon showdown? Let's explore.
Alabama vs Texas A&M Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: ALA: (-210) | TX A&M: (+172)
- Spread: ALA: -4.5 (-115) | TX A&M: +4.5 (-105)
- Total: 144.5 -- Over: (-115) | Under: (-105)
Alabama enters this contest as a moderate favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 1 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 144.5 points, which ranks as the highest among Sunday's projected totals.
Alabama vs Texas A&M Betting Trends
- Alabama has covered the spread 19 times in 33 games.
- The Crimson Tide are 14-10 as 4.5-point favorites or more.
- This year, 15 of Alabama's 33 games have hit the over.
- Texas A&M has covered the spread 23 times in 33 games.
- As a 4.5-point underdog or greater, the Aggies have two wins ATS (2-1).
- There have been 16 Texas A&M games (out of 33) that went over the total this season.
|Alabama Rank||Alabama AVG||Texas A&M AVG||Texas A&M Rank|
Alabama vs Texas A&M Prediction & Pick
What a matchup this is going to be. Alabama entered the conference tournament as a rightful favorite given its 16-2 conference record and has lived up to the hype with a pair of comfortable victories. However, the Crimson Tide now run into an Aggies squad they haven't beaten since March of 2018.
Texas A&M got the best of Alabama in a 67-61 win on March 4 thanks to a standout effort from Wade Taylor IV (28 points). The game was more about the Crimson Tide's shooting woes (33.8%) than anything else, though, and it would be shocking to see another poor offensive showing on Sunday.
Alabama just cannot afford to enter the tourney without momentum, so back the Crimson Tide here.
Final Score Prediction: Alabama: 77 | Texas A&M: 70
Alabama vs Texas A&M Best Bet
Head coach Nate Oats has proven time and time again that he knows how to make the necessary adjustments at halftime. The Crimson Tide are one of the sport's best second-half squads, averaging 43.3 points per game (No. 3 in NCAA) and posting an average scoring margin of +7.2 (No. 3 in NCAA).
Even in the six-point loss to Texas A&M earlier this year, the Crimson Tide still outscored the Aggies 39-35 in the second half. Alabama has now come out on top by at least a three-point margin in the second half in seven straight games. Back that trend to continue in the SEC Championship.
Bet: Alabama Crimson Tide Second Half -2.5 (-104)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.