Alabama vs Mississippi State Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- No. 8 Alabama (10-2, 0-0 SEC) vs. No. 21 Mississippi State (11-1, 0-0 SEC)
- Date: Wednesday, December 28, 2022
- Time: 9:00 PM ET
- Venue: Humphrey Coliseum -- Starkville, Mississippi
Wednesday, Dec. 28's NCAA college basketball slate includes a massive SEC collision between the No. 8 Alabama Crimson Tide and No. 21 Mississippi State Bulldogs.
Following its second loss of the campaign, Alabama responded with an 84-64 win over Jackson State, led by a 10-point, 14-rebound performance from Brandon Miller. Meanwhile, Mississippi State enters tonight's action fresh off its first loss of the season — a 58-52 loss to Drake back on Dec. 20.
Does Alabama have another impressive performance in store for tonight? Or will Mississippi State prove that its recent loss was just a fluke?
Alabama vs Mississippi State Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: ALA: (-115) | MISSST: (-104)
- Spread: ALA: -1.5 (-105) | MISSST: +1.5 (-115)
- Total: 141.5 -- Over: (-105) | Under: (-115)
Alabama enters this contest as slim favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 9 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 141.5 points, which is above average compared to Wednesday's projected totals.
Alabama vs Mississippi State Betting Trends
- Against the spread, Alabama is 6-6-0 this season.
- The Crimson Tide's ATS record as 2.5-point favorites or more is 4-4.
- Out of 12 Alabama's games so far this season, seven have hit the over.
- Mississippi State has covered the spread five times in 12 games.
- Two of Mississippi State's 12 games have gone over the point total.
|Alabama Rank||Alabama AVG||Mississippi State AVG||Mississippi State Rank|
Alabama vs Mississippi State Prediction & Pick
This game is a classic offense vs. defense battle. Alabama has won games by blowing out its opponents, averaging 83.7 points (No. 8) with a plus-11.6 scoring margin (T-No. 39). On the other hand, strong defensive performances have been crucial to Mississippi State's success, holding opponents to just 52.6 PPG (No. 2).
The Bulldogs also have accuracy issues, shooting 42.7% from the field (No. 225) and 30.5% from three-point range (No. 303). The bad news there is that the Crimson Tide are more than talented enough to capitalize on any misses, pacing the nation with 31.0 defensive rebounds per game.
While Mississippi State's defense will be a tough hurdle to pass, Alabama has all of the tools to walk out of Humphrey Coliseum with the victory.
Final Score Prediction: Alabama: 71 | Mississippi State: 67
Alabama vs Mississippi State Best Bet
Even though Mississippi State's defense is fantastic, Alabama won't be completely stopped tonight. The Crimson Tide's offense is flying too high at the moment and there's also the fact that they've won six of their last eight matchups against the Bulldogs.
However, with Alabama being just 1-5 against the spread in its last six games against Mississippi State, I'm siding with the Crimson Tide on the moneyline at -115 odds.
Bet: Alabama ML (-115)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.