Bowl game season is an exciting time in college football. Schools across the nation will battle it out for postseason glory and a chance to end their year on a high note.
One team that's no stranger to playing in bowl games is the Air Force Falcons. Here's everything you need to know about Air Force's bowl history before making its next appearance.
Air Force Bowl Game History
It shouldn't come as a shock that a storied team like the Falcons has been very busy during bowl season in the past. Air Force has played in 29 bowl games all-time.
The Falcons made their first bowl appearance in 1959 under head coach Ben Martin. Air Force faced TCU in the Cotton Bowl and played to an intense 0-0 tie. The program's first bowl win came didn't come until 23 years later, when the Falcons took down Vanderbilt, 36-28, in the Hall of Fame Classic.
Air Force's most recent bowl appearance was in the 2022 Armed Forces Bowl. The Falcons took down Baylor 30-15 in that one, giving head coach Troy Calhoun his seventh postseason win during his tenure so far.
Air Force Bowl Game Wins and Appearances
Air Force owns a 15-13-1 all-time record in bowl games. Check out the school's full bowl results below.
- Cotton Bowl (Jan. 1, 1959): Air Force 0, TCU 0
- Gator Bowl (Dec. 28 1963): North Carolina 35, Air Force 0
- Sugar Bowl (Jan. 1, 1971): Tennessee 34, Air Force 13
- Hall of Fame Classic (Dec. 31, 1982): Air Force 36, Vanderbilt 28
- Independence Bowl (Dec. 10, 1983): Air Force 9, Ole Miss 3
- Independence Bowl (Dec. 15, 1984): Air Force 23, Virginia Tech 7
- Bluebonnet Bowl (Dec. 31, 1985): Air Force 24, Texas 16
- Freedom Bowl (Dec. 30, 1987): Arizona State 33, Air Force 28
- Liberty Bowl (Dec. 28, 1989): Ole Miss 42, Air Force 29
- Liberty Bowl (Dec. 27, 1990): Air Force 23, Ohio State 11
- Liberty Bowl (Dec. 29, 1991): Air Force 31, Mississippi State 15
- Liberty Bowl (Dec. 31, 1992): Ole Miss 13, Air Force 0
- Copper Bowl (Dec. 27, 1995): Texas Tech 55, Air Force 41
- Las Vegas Bowl (Dec. 20, 1997): Oregon 41, Air Force 13
- Oahu Bowl (Dec. 25, 1998): Air Force 43, Washington 25
- Silicon Valley Football Classic (Dec. 31, 2000): Air Force 37, Fresno State 34
- San Francisco Bowl (Dec. 31, 2002): Virginia Tech 20, Air Force 13
- Armed Forces Bowl (Dec. 31, 2007): California 42, Air Force 36
- Armed Forces Bowl (Dec. 31, 2008): Houston 34, Air Force 28
- Armed Forces Bowl (Dec. 31, 2009): Air Force 47, Houston 20
- Independence Bowl (Dec. 27, 2010): Air Force 14, Georgia Tech 7
- Military Bowl (Dec. 28, 2011): Toledo 42, Air Force 41
- Armed Forces Bowl (Dec. 29, 2012): Rice 33, Air Force 14
- Famous Idaho Potato Bowl (Dec. 20, 2014): Air Force 38, Western Michigan 24
- Armed Forces Bowl (Dec. 29, 2015): California 55, Air Force 36
- Arizona Bowl (Dec. 30, 2016): Air Force 45, South Alabama 21
- Cheez-It Bowl (Dec. 27, 2019): Air Force 31, Washington State 21
- First Responder Bowl (Dec. 28, 2021): Air Force 31, Louisville 28
- Armed Forces Bowl (Dec. 22, 2022): Air Force 30, Baylor 15
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.