The 2022 FIFA World Cup is scheduled to begin on Sunday, Nov. 20. While many fans are looking forward to which country will hoist the gold trophy this year, many also wonder which player will take home the Golden Boot as this tournament's leading goal-scorer.
England's Harry Kane took home the honor in 2018 when he found the back of the twine six different times. Unsurprisingly, the 29-year-old is FanDuel Sportsbook's favorite to accomplish the feat again four years, sitting at +800 odds to win the 2022 World Cup Golden Boot.
It's shaping up to be a tight race, though. France's Kylian Mbappe is right behind Kane at +850 odds, having scored four times at the 2018 World Cup. Argentina's Lionel Messi (+1100), Brazil's Neymar (+1200) and France's Karim Benzema (+1400) round out the top five odds.
With so many options to choose from, who's the best pick to win this year's Golden Boot?
2022 World Cup Golden Boot Prediction
Though several men are talented enough to lead the tournament in goals, I'm going with someone who's made a career off of scoring: Lionel Messi at +1100 odds.
Messi is one of the best international players of all time, recording 91 international goals over his career. A total of 47 goals have come across 114 competitive matchups, including 34 over 79 appearances in World Cup qualifying matchups, as well as the tournament itself.
Back in October, Messi confirmed that this would be his last World Cup. That sort of storyline is the perfect motivation for him to win the World Cup for the first time, picking up the Golden Boot along the way. He's still one of the top players on the planet and whenever he has his sights set on something, it's tough stopping the 35-year-old.
2022 World Cup Golden Boot Odds
1. Harry Kane, England (+800)
2. Kylian Mbappe, France (+850)
3. Lionel Messi, Argentina (+1100)
4. Neymar, Brazil (+1200)
5. Karim Benzema, France (+1400)
6. Lautaro Martinez, Argentina (+2000)
7. Memphis Depay, Netherlands (+2300)
8. Romelu Lukaku, Belgium (+2300)
9. Romelu Lukaku, Portugal (+2300)
10. Richarlison, Brazil (+2900)
11. Vinicius Junior, Brazil (+2900)
12. Gabriel Jesus, Brazil (+3400)
13. Alvaro Morata, Spain (+3400)
14. Raheem Sterling, England (+3400)
15. Kai Havertz, Germany (+3400)
16. Robert Lewandowski, Poland (+3600)
17. Ferran Torres, Spain (+3600)
18. Phil Foden, England (+4200)
19. Joao Felix, Portugal (+4200)
20. Pablo Sarabia, Spain (+4200)
21. Ansu Fati, Spain (+4200)
22. Luis Suarez, Uruguay (+4400)
23. Serge Gnabry, Germany (+4400)
24. Antoine Griezmann, France (+4400)
25. Darwin Nunez, Uruguay (+4400)
26. Raphinha, Brazil (+4400)
27. Cody Gakpo, Netherlands (+4500)
28. Bruno Fernandes, Portugal (+5000)
29. Thomas Muller, Germany (+5000)
30. Gareth Bale, Wales (+5000)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.