UCLA vs Oregon State Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 9 (Bruins Down Beavers in Low-Scoring Pac-12 Tilt)
UCLA vs Oregon State Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- No. 7 UCLA (19-4, 10-2 Pac-12) vs. Oregon State (9-15, 3-10 Pac-12)
- Date: Thursday, February 9, 2023
- Time: 9:00 PM ET
- Venue: Gill Coliseum -- Corvallis, Oregon
- Coverage: Pac-12 Network
The Oregon State Beavers are in for quite the challenge when they host the No. 7 UCLA Bruins for a Pac-12 collision on Thursday, Feb. 9 at 9 p.m. ET.
Oregon State's struggled to find much positivity lately, losing for the third time in four games with Saturday's 84-52 loss to ranked Arizona. Meanwhile, UCLA has picked up back-to-back, tallying a 76-52 win over Washington State in its last outing with help from Jaime Jaquez Jr.'s 24-point, 15-rebound double-double.
Does Oregon State have what it takes to send the Gill Coliseum crowd home happy? Or will UCLA spoil the fun by capitalizing on its favorable odds?
UCLA vs Oregon State Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: UCLA: (-2000) | ORE ST: (+980)
- Spread: UCLA: -15.5 (-102) | ORE ST: +15.5 (-120)
- Total: 124.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
UCLA enters this contest as the clear road favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 9 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 124.5 points with -110 odds on both sides.
UCLA vs Oregon State Betting Trends
- UCLA is 13-10-0 against the spread this year.
- The Bruins have an ATS record of 5-3 as 15.5-point favorites or greater.
- UCLA has seen 11 of its 23 games hit the over.
- Oregon State is 12-11-0 against the spread this season.
- The Beavers have won twice ATS (2-1) as a 15.5-point underdog or greater this year.
- Oregon State has played 23 games this season, and six of them have hit the over.
|UCLA Rank||UCLA AVG||Oregon State AVG||Oregon State Rank|
UCLA vs Oregon State Prediction & Pick
UCLA enters this game with an elite defense that only surrenders 60.3 points (No. 7) on 41.0% shooting (No. 40) while forcing 16.7 turnovers per game (No. 10). Oregon State is going to have a tough time solving that defense. After all, the Beavers are only scoring at a 53.3 PPG clip over their last four games.
On top of that, Oregon State is only 2-3 against Pac-12 rivals at home and has lost its three previous matchups against ranked opponents this season. It's going to be even tougher for the Beavers to reverse those trends when they're shooting 38.3% from the field over their last three games.
With Oregon State also going 3-13 straight up as the underdog this season, there's little reason to believe that an upset is around the corner. UCLA is a top-10 program for a reason and will solidify that win a win tonight.
Final Score Prediction: UCLA: 70 | Oregon State: 53
UCLA vs Oregon State Best Bet
UCLA's defense is among the best in the nation while Oregon State's offense has been playing like one of the worst. In other words, I'm expecting a low-scoring affair tonight.
It also helps that the under is 6-0 in Oregon State's last six games, as well as 9-3 in UCLA's last 12. Considering that the under has also been hit in eight of the last 11 Bruins-Beavers clashes, banking on fewer points than projected is the right pick.
Bet: Under 124.5 Points (-110)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.