Timberwolves vs. Wizards Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 16 (Washington Aims to Keep Crushing Minnesota)
Timberwolves vs. Wizards Game Info
- Date: Thursday, February 16, 2023
- Time: 8:00 PM ET
- Venue: Target Center -- Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Coverage: NBCS-DC+ and BSN
The 2022-23 NBA season continues on Thursday with three more games, including a battle between the Washington Wizards and Minnesota Timberwolves. The Wizards rank 10th in the Eastern Conference with a 27-30 record, while the Timberwolves check in sixth in the Western Conference with a 31-29 record.
Washington enters as a victor in three of its last four games following a 126-101 win against the Portland Trail Blazers on Tuesday. Meanwhile, Minnesota has now won three of its last five games thanks to a 124-121 victory over the Dallas Mavericks on Monday. Which team will win on Thursday?
Timberwolves vs. Wizards Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: MIN: (-154) | WAS: (+130)
- Spread: MIN: -2.5 (-114) | WAS: +2.5 (-106)
- Total: 234.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Timberwolves enter this contest as small home favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 8 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 234.5 points, which ranks as the highest of Thursday's projected totals.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Timberwolves vs. Wizards Betting Trends
- The Timberwolves are 28-30-1 against the spread this season.
- The Wizards have been underdogs by 3.5 points or more 25 times this season and are 10-15 ATS in those games.
- Timberwolves games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 28 times out of 54 chances this season.
- Wizards games this year have gone over the total in 24 of 54 opportunities (44.4%).
- Minnesota has a better record against the spread when playing at home (16-15-1) than it does in road games (12-15-0).
- This year, Washington is 10-13-1 at home against the spread (.417 winning percentage). On the road, it is 16-14-0 ATS (.533).
Timberwolves vs. Wizards Prediction & Pick
Entering the All-Star break with momentum would be huge for either of these teams as they fight to stay alive in the NBA Playoff race. The Wizards enter this game fully healthy with Bradley Beal and Kyle Kuzma leading the way, while the Timberwolves are still playing without big man Karl-Anthony Towns.
It gives Washington an opportunity to dominate down low. The Wizards average 54.1 points in the paint in away games (No. 6 in NBA), while the Timberwolves allow 50.6 points in the paint per game overall (No. 19 in NBA). Kristaps Porzingis vs Rudy Gobert is going to be a great matchup to watch.
Washington has won six straight games against Minnesota, so give me the Wizards in a road upset.
Final Score Prediction: Timberwolves: 116 | Wizards: 119
Timberwolves vs. Wizards Best Bet
When a matchup is too close to call, it's never a bad idea to take the points with the underdog. That's especially the case here considering Washington is an impressive 9-4 against the spread (ATS) in its last 13 games overall and 6-2 ATS in its last eight away games. Momentum is certainly on its side.
Minnesota has struggled against Washington as of late, posting a 0-6 ATS mark in the last six games of the head-to-head series. All of those games resulted in a win for the Wizards and the average margin of victory was a whopping 16.5 points. Fading the Timberwolves is the way to go on Thursday.
Bet: Washington Wizards +2.5 (-106)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.