Timberwolves vs. Kings Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for January 30 (Rematch Results in Another Low-Scoring Game)
Timberwolves vs. Kings Game Info
- Date: Monday, January 30, 2023
- Time: 8:00 PM ET
- Venue: Target Center -- Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Coverage: NBCS-CA and BSN
The 2022-23 NBA season continues on Monday with eight more games, including a battle between the Sacramento Kings and Minnesota Timberwolves. The Kings rank third in the Western Conference with a 27-21 record, while the Timberwolves check in fifth with a 27-25 record. This one could go either way.
Sacramento and Minnesota met on Saturday night in what ended up being a 117-110 victory for the Timberwolves. Anthony Edwards guided the way with 34 points (14-of-21 shooting), 10 rebounds and 6 assists. De'Aaron Fox led the Kings with 29 points, but will his team be able to bounce back tonight?
Timberwolves vs. Kings Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: MIN: (+100) | SAC: (-118)
- Spread: MIN: +1 (-112) | SAC: -1 (-108)
- Total: 237.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Kings enter this contest as slight road favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 8 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 237.5 points, which is above averages compared to Monday's projected totals.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Timberwolves vs. Kings Betting Trends
- The Timberwolves have covered the spread in a matchup 24 times this season (24-26-1).
- The Kings have been underdogs by 1 point or more 20 times this year and are 12-8 ATS in those games.
- Games involving the Timberwolves have hit the over 23 times out of 46 chances this season.
- The Kings have eclipsed the over/under 45.7% of the time this year (21 of 46 games with a set point total).
- Minnesota has done a better job covering the spread in home games (14-13-1) than it has in road games (10-13-0).
- Sacramento's winning percentage against the spread at home is .500 (13-12-1). On the road, it is .650 (13-7-0).
Timberwolves vs. Kings Prediction & Pick
Minnesota relied on it long-range shooting abilities to win on Saturday as it shot 17-of-37 (45.9%) from beyond the arc. Sacramento only drained nine three-pointers and was out-rebounded 44-36. It was more of the same for a Kings team that has struggled in both of those departament this season.
Sacramento ranks 19th in opponent three-point shooting percentage (36.2%) and 24th in total rebounds per game (49.8). Even without Karl-Anthony Towns healthy and playing, the Timberwolves continue to lean on their size to create space for open jump shots and corral physically tough boards.
Minnesota has won nine of its last 10 home games, so give me the Timberwolves on Monday night.
Final Score Prediction: Timberwolves: 119 | Kings: 114
Timberwolves vs. Kings Best Bet
This matchup ended with 227 total points on Saturday despite the two sides combing for 57 free throw attempts and shooting 48.7% from the floor. It was a back-and-forth contest that forced both teams to slow down their approach on offense by taking the shot clock all the way down to the end.
There's little reason to think that will change tonight. The total has hit the under in five of the Kings' last six games overall as well as in 12 of their last 15 away games. The under has also cashed in four of the Timberwolves' last five games overall, so trust the trends by backing a low-scoring outcome.
Bet: Under 237.5 Points (-110)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.