Texas vs TCU Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for March 10 Big 12 Tournament (Defenses Step Up Inside T-Mobile Center)
Texas vs TCU Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Big 12 Tournament Game
- No. 7 Texas (24-8, 12-6 Big 12) vs. No. 22 TCU (21-11, 9-9 Big 12)
- Date: Friday, March 10, 2023
- Time: 9:30 p.m. ET
- Venue: T-Mobile Center -- Kansas City, Missouri
- Coverage: ESPN
The Big 12 Tournament continues on Friday with an exciting matchup between the TCU Horned Frogs and Texas Longhorns. TCU is searching for its first Big 12 title, while Texas is aiming to win its second. The winner of this semifinal matchup will then face the victor of the Iowa State vs Kansas showdown.
TCU enters as a victor in four of its last six games following an 80-67 win over Kansas State in the quarterfinals. Meanwhile, Texas has also won four of its last six games thanks to a 61-47 victory over Oklahoma State on Thursday.
Which Big 12 squad will keep their conference title hopes alive tonight? Here's who we're backing.
Texas vs TCU Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: TEXAS: (-132) | TCU: (+110)
- Spread: TEXAS: -1.5 (-120) | TCU: +1.5 (-102)
- Total: 146.5 -- Over: (-115) | Under: (-105)
Texas enters this contest as a slight favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 9:30 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 146.5 points, which is above average compared to Friday's projected totals.
Texas vs TCU Betting Trends
- Texas has 15 wins in 32 games against the spread this season.
- The Longhorns have an ATS record of 12-13 as 2.5-point favorites or greater.
- This season, 16 of Texas' 32 games have hit the over.
- TCU's record against the spread is 16-16-0.
- The Horned Frogs' ATS record as 2.5-point underdogs or more is 5-5.
- TCU has played 32 games this season, and 16 of them have gone over the total.
|Texas Rank||Texas AVG||TCU AVG||TCU Rank|
Texas vs TCU Prediction & Pick
TCU was able to control the game against Kansas State due to its ability to contest shots from long range. The Horned Frogs held the Wildcats to a 23.3% shooting mark (7-of-30) from beyond the arc. They have also allowed an opponent three-point shooting mark of just 30.7% on the year (No. 25 in NCAA).
That statistic doesn't mean as much against a Texas offense that sees 41.7% of its scoring come from two-point shots (No. 30 in NCAA). The Longhorns shoot 53.7% from two-point range (No. 55 in NCAA) and have the size to dominate TCU around the rim. That's what will bring about a close win.
Texas has won eight of its last 10 games against TCU, so trust the Longhorns to advance to the final.
Final Score Prediction: Texas: 73 | TCU: 69
Texas vs TCU Best Bet
Both Texas and TCU rank among the top 35 teams in defensive efficiency as well as among the top 90 teams in opponent shooting percentage. The Longhorns and Horned Frogs know how to contest shots and make it tough to build a lead. That makes the under the best bet in this matchup.
The total has hit the under in four of TCU's last five games and in four of Texas' last five games as well. The under has also cashed in 10 of the Horned Frogs' last 11 games in March and in six of the Longhorns' last eight games in March. Trust the trends and expect a lot of defensive stops tonight.
Bet: Under 146.5 Total Points (-105)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.