Texas vs Iowa State Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 21 (Can Iowa State Get Back on Track in Big 12 Play?)
Texas vs Iowa State Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- No. 8 Texas (21-6, 10-4 Big 12) vs. No. 23 Iowa State (17-9, 8-6 Big 12)
- Date: Tuesday, February 21, 2023
- Time: 9:00 PM ET
- Venue: Moody Center -- Austin, Texas
- Coverage: LHN
The 2022-23 college basketball season continues on Monday with an exciting matchup between the No. 23 Iowa State Cyclones and No. 8 Texas Longhorns. Iowa State is coming off a 61-55 loss to Kansas State on Saturday, which was the Cyclones' fourth loss in their last six conference games.
Meanwhile, Texas bounced back from a tough conference loss by beating Oklahoma by a final score of 85-83 on Saturday. Jabari Rice balled out with a team-high 24 points off the bench, while Timmy Allen added 15 points to go along with 9 rebounds. Which squad will earn a valuable win tonight?
Texas vs Iowa State Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: TEXAS: (-310) | IOWAST: (+245)
- Spread: TEXAS: -6.5 (-118) | IOWAST: +6.5 (-104)
- Total: 136.5 -- Over: (-106) | Under: (-114)
Texas enters this contest as a clear home favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 9 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 136.5 points, which is about average compared to Tuesday's projected totals.
Texas vs Iowa State Betting Trends
- Texas is 11-16-0 against the spread this season.
- The Longhorns are 5-8 as 7.5-point favorites or more.
- There have been 15 Texas' games (out of 27) that hit the over this season.
- Against the spread, Iowa State is 14-12-0 this season.
- The Cyclones are yet to lose ATS (1-0) as a 7.5-point underdog or greater this season.
- There have been nine Iowa State games (out of 26) that went over the total this year.
|Texas Rank||Texas AVG||Iowa State AVG||Iowa State Rank|
Texas vs Iowa State Prediction & Pick
Iowa State is heading in the wrong direction with the Big 12 conference tournament nearing closer. The Cyclones have lost five of their last seven games overall and now have to travel to a stadium in which they haven't won since 2015. They have lost seven straight games at the Moody Center.
That bodes well for Texas' chances of earning a victory tonight. Iowa State has been relying on its defense to win games, but that defense is giving up 69.6 points per away game versus 54.8 points per home game. The Cyclones have posted a -5.0 average scoring margin on the road for a reason.
Texas is also riding a six-game home winning streak, so back the Longhorns with confidence here.
Final Score Prediction: Texas: 74 | Iowa State: 63
Texas vs Iowa State Best Bet
Iowa State is a dreadful 0-5 ATS in its last five away games and 2-6 against the spread (ATS) in its last eight games against a Big 12 foe. The Cyclones simply struggle to show up when on the road as they average 64.6 points per game on a 42.7% shooting mark. That is just not going to get the job done.
Texas has posted an average scoring margin of +10.2 during their six-game home winning streak and still has first place in the conference in its sight. Combine that motivation with the fact that this is a revenge spot for a Longhorns team that lost to the Cyclones back in January. They will roll at home.
Bet: Texas Longhorns -6.5 (-118)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.