Suns vs. Thunder Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 24 (Phoenix Pulls Away Late at the Footprint Center)
Suns vs. Thunder Game Info
- Date: Friday, February 24, 2023
- Time: 10:00 PM ET
- Venue: Footprint Center -- Phoenix, Arizona
- Coverage: ESPN, BSAZ, and BSOK
The 2022-23 NBA season continues on Friday with eight more games, including a battle between the Oklahoma City Thunder and Phoenix Suns. The Thunder rank 11th in the Western Conference with a 28-30 record, while the Suns check in fifth with a 32-28 record. This should be an exciting showdown.
Oklahoma City enters as a victor in four of its last seven games, but it fell short in a 120-119 (OT) loss to the Utah Jazz on Thursday. Meanwhile, Phoenix have won five of its last seven games, but suffered a 116-107 loss to the Los Angeles Clippers its last time out (Feb. 16). Which team will win on Friday?
Suns vs. Thunder Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: PHO: (-290) | OKC: (+235)
- Spread: PHO: -6.5 (-114) | OKC: +6.5 (-108)
- Total: 230.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Suns enter this contest as considerable home favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 10 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 230.5 points, which is about average compared to Friday's projected totals.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Suns vs. Thunder Betting Trends
- The Suns have covered the spread 32 times in 59 games with a set spread.
- The Thunder have an ATS record of 7-2 in their nine games when underdogs by 8 points or more this season.
- Suns games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 27 times out of 56 chances this season.
- The Thunder have gone over the point total 55.4% of the time this year (31 of 56 games with a set point total).
- When playing at home, Phoenix owns a better record against the spread (17-13-0) compared to its ATS record on the road (15-14-0).
- Against the spread, Oklahoma City has been better at home (18-10-0) than away (16-10-2).
Suns vs. Thunder Prediction & Pick
The Thunder are doing whatever they can to fight for a play-in spot, while the Suns are trying to find ways to win until Kevin Durant can make his debut in a return from injury. Each team enters this one with some clear motivation, but it's Phoenix that owns an advantage in both health and location.
Oklahoma City played an overtime game in Utah last night and immediatley travelled to Phoenix. It wouldn't be surprising to see the players a bit fatigued late in the game. That bodes well for the Suns considering they average 28.1 points in the fourth quarter of home games this season (No. 8 in NBA).
Phoenix has won five of its last six games against Oklahoma City, so trust the Suns on Friday night.
Final Score Prediction: Suns: 122 | Thunder: 112
Suns vs. Thunder Best Bet
The Thunder commit 21.4 personal fouls per game (No. 26 in NBA) and it leads to 25.8 opponent free throws attempted per contest (No. 28 in NBA). The Suns should be able to capitalize on drives to the rim by getting to the charity stripe, where they hit a reliable 79.3% of their attempts (No. 11 in NBA).
That gives Phoenix a shot to cover a 6.5-point spread even if the game is close down the stretch. The Suns are 10-5 against the spread (ATS) in their last 15 games overall and 6-3 ATS in their last nine home games. Eight of their last nine wins against the Thunder have come by at least seven points.
Bet: Phoenix Suns -6.5 (-114)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.