ROTHSTEIN 45: WEEK 13
This week’s Rothstein 45 is now live!
Check out our rankings below:
1. Purdue: Made mincemeat out of Michigan State on Sunday.
2. Tennessee: Zakai Zeigler has 27 assists in his last three games.
3. Kansas State: A different team with a healthy David N’Guessan.
4. Arizona: 19-3 after losing Bennedict Mathurin, Christian Koloko, and Dalen Terry.
5. Alabama: Should burn the Oklahoma tape.
6. Houston: Jarace Walker is taking things to a different level offensively.
7. UCLA: Jaylen Clark is just 7-29 from the field in his last three games.
8. Virginia: The best team in the ACC.
9. Kansas: Got its mojo back at Rupp Arena.
10. Gonzaga: Julian Strawther dropped 40 at Portland.
11. Marquette: Had 22 assists on 34 made field goals against DePaul.
12. Texas: Next three games are against Baylor, Kansas State, and Kansas.
13. Iowa State: Had 19 turnovers in Saturday’s loss at Missouri.
14. Xavier: Souley Boum has just six points in the Musketeers’ two Big East losses.
15. Baylor: Will take a six-game winning streak into Monday’s game against Texas.
16. Providence: 17-5 after losing five starters from a Sweet 16 team.
17. TCU: Has to get healthy.
18. Miami: 5-0 when Wooga Poplar scores in double figures.
19. UConn: Lost six of its last eight games, but still very capable.
20. Florida Atlantic: Ridiculous balance.
21. Clemson: A dream season is unfolding.
22. New Mexico: The best team this program has had since 2014.
23. Saint Mary’s: Aidan Mahaney is a star.
24. Duke: Doubled up Georgia Tech on Saturday in Atlanta.
25. North Carolina: Has won 10 of its last 12.
26. NC State: D.J. Burns is averaging 21 points over his last three games.
27. Rutgers: Gave up 93 points on Sunday at Iowa.
28. Charleston: The road to an at-large bid got more difficult after Saturday’s loss to Hofstra.
29. Auburn: A gauntlet is coming.
30. Northwestern: Boo Buie and Chase Audige may be the best backcourt in the Big Ten.
31. Indiana: Could be a dangerous team by the end of February.
32. Creighton: Ryan Nembhard controls the ceiling in Omaha.
33. San Diego State: Has quietly won 10 of its last 11.
34. Illinois: Held Wisconsin to 33.3 percent shooting at the Kohl Center.
35. Michigan State: Back-to-back road games loom at Nebraska and Rutgers.
36. USC: The trajectory is upward.
37. Missouri: Has beaten Iowa State, Illinois, and Kentucky in Columbia.
38. Arkansas: Jordan Walsh has just eight points in his last two games.
39. Iowa: Got 24 points off the bench on Sunday against Rutgers.
40. Maryland: As Jahmir Young goes, so do the Terps.
41. Memphis: Will get two cracks at Houston in the next five weeks.
42. Kentucky: About to go on a run.
43. Boise State: Elite chemistry.
44. West Virginia: A different team when Jimmy Bell plays at a high level.
45. Oklahoma: Needs to build on Saturday’s win against Alabama.
Jon Rothstein has been a college basketball insider for CBS Sports since 2010 and a contributor to the CBS Broadcast Network since 2016. He joined FanDuel in 2022 as a Content Creator. Rothstein is also the host of the College Hoops Today Podcast via Compass Media Networks.