Rockets vs. Raptors Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 3 (Toronto Can't Be Stopped By Hobbling Houston)
Rockets vs. Raptors Game Info
- Date: Friday, February 3, 2023
- Time: 8:00 PM ET
- Venue: Toyota Center -- Houston, Texas
- Coverage: TSN and SportsNet SW
The Houston Rockets (13-38) are set to host the Toronto Raptors (23-30) for an NBA inter-conference clash at 8 p.m. ET on Friday, Feb. 3.
The Rockets have a bit of momentum on their side, defeating the Oklahoma City Thunder 112-106 on Wednesday to win their second straight game. Meanwhile, the Raptors have lost back-to-back games, most recently falling 131-128 to the Utah Jazz two nights ago.
Can the Rockets win three games in a row for the first time this season? Or will the Raptors play the role of spoiler on the road?
Rockets vs. Raptors Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: TOR: (-300) | HOU: (+245)
- Spread: TOR: -7.5 (-114) | HOU: +7.5 (-106)
- Total: 225 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Raptors enter this contest as clear road favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 8 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 225 points with -110 odds on both sides.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Rockets vs. Raptors Betting Trends
- The Raptors have covered the spread in a game 21 times this season (21-26-3).
- The Rockets are 12-16-3 ATS when underdogs by 6.5 points or more this year.
- This season, Raptors games have hit the over 27 times.
- The Rockets have eclipsed the over/under 46% of the time this year (23 of 50 games with a set point total).
- Against the spread, Toronto has fared better when playing at home, covering 12 times in 25 home games, and nine times in 25 road games.
- In 2022-23 against the spread, Houston has a better winning percentage at home (.417, 10-13-1 record) than on the road (.308, 8-16-2).
Rockets vs. Raptors Prediction & Pick
Toyota Center has been more welcoming for visiting teams than it has been to the Rockets as of late. They've lost 12 of its last 14 home contests, averaging only 105.3 PPG over that stretch. Even worse is the fact that Houston has been outscored by an average of 8.1 points during that span.
The Raptors are far from perfect, but they do have three wins in their last five trips to Houston. They're also averaging a solid 118.7 PPG clip over their last 10 games, which will be hard for the Rockets to keep pace with considering how Jalen Green (calf), Jabari Smith Jr. (hip) and Kevin Porter Jr. are either ruled out or questionable for tonight's contest.
Looking to gain some momentum before their road trip comes to an end, back the Raptors to be victorious in the 'Lone Star State.'
Final Score Prediction: Raptors: 117 | Rockets: 106
Rockets vs. Raptors Best Bet
Fred VanVleet's three-pointers total is set at 3.5 for the night and I'm siding with the over. The crafty guard has played well on the perimeter as of late, averaging 3.8 threes on 41.0% shooting over his last nine games. Furthermore, he's finished with four or more three-pointers in six of those contests.
Now, VanVleet gets to go against the Rockets, who surrender an NBA-leading 14.3 threes on 36.5% shooting (No. 22). It doesn't end there, though. Houston is also allowing the second-most three-pointers to point guards this season.
Finishing with over 3.5 threes in each of his last three games against the Rockets, expect another solid performance from VanVleet from downtown tonight.
Bet: Fred VanVleet — Threes Made: Over 3.5 (+106)
Watch FanDuel TV’s new NBA show “Run It Back” with Shams Charania, Michelle Beadle, Chandler Parsons, and Eddie Gonzalez Monday-Wednesday at 10 ET on FanDuel TV, the FanDuel Youtube page, or download the podcast here: fanduel.com/podcasts.
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.