Red Sox vs Pirates Prediction, Odds, Moneyline, Spread & Over/Under for August 17
By Duel Staff
On Wednesday in the MLB, the Boston Red Sox are playing the Pittsburgh Pirates.
We've got you covered, in terms of the most important information about this matchup before you take a look at the MLB odds and spreads on FanDuel Sportsbook.
Red Sox vs Pirates Game Info
- Boston Red Sox (58-59) vs. Pittsburgh Pirates (45-71)
- Date: Wednesday, August 17, 2022
- Time: 7:05 PM ET
- Venue: PNC Park -- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Red Sox vs Pirates Odds & Moneyline
- All MLB odds, betting lines and prop bets are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: BOS: (-158) | PIT: (+134)
- Spread: BOS: -1.5 (+105) | PIT: +1.5 (-126)
- Total: 8 -- Over: (-118) | Under: (-104)
Red Sox vs Pirates Probable Starting Pitchers
The Boston Red Sox will hand the ball to Rich Hill (4-5, 4.75 ERA), who is looking for win No. 5 on the season, and the Pirates will counter with Roansy Contreras (3-2, 3.78 ERA).
Red Sox vs Pirates Prediction & Pick
All MLB win probability predictions and picks are according to numberFire.
Prediction: Red Sox win (51.9%)
Red Sox vs Pirates Moneyline
- Pittsburgh is a +134 underdog on the moneyline, while Boston is a -158 favorite on the road.
Red Sox vs Pirates Spread
- The Red Sox are 1.5-run road favorites on the runline against the Pirates. The Red Sox are +105 to cover, and the Pirates are -126.
Red Sox vs Pirates Over/Under
- Red Sox versus Pirates on August 17 has an over/under of 8.5 runs, with the odds on the over -108 and the under set at -112.
Red Sox vs Pirates Betting Trends
- The Red Sox have been victorious in 30, or 56.6%, of the 53 contests they have been chosen as favorites in this season.
- Boston has a mark of 11-6 in contests where oddsmakers favor them by -162 or better on the moneyline.
- Boston's games have gone over the total in 48 of their 112 opportunities.
- The Pirates have won 35.4% of the games this season they were the underdog on the moneyline (35-64).
- When playing as a moneyline underdog with odds of +136 or longer, Pittsburgh has a record of 23-41 (35.9%).
- Pittsburgh has played in 114 games with set over/under, and has combined with opponents to go over the total 49 times (49-55-10).