Oklahoma State vs Oklahoma Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for March 8 Big 12 Tournament (Expect a Close-Fought Clash)
Oklahoma State vs Oklahoma Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Big 12 Tournament Game
- Oklahoma State (17-14, 8-10 Big 12) vs. Oklahoma (15-16, 5-13 Big 12)
- Date: Wednesday, March 8, 2023
- Time: 9:30 PM ET
- Venue: T-Mobile Center -- Kansas City, Missouri
Wednesday, March 8's NCAA college basketball schedule features some first-round Big 12 Tournament action, including a showdown between the Oklahoma State Cowboys and Oklahoma Sooners.
After suffering four straight losses, Oklahoma State heads into the tournament following a 71-68 win over Texas Tech. On the other side, Oklahoma won for the second time in its last three outings with a 74-60 effort against ranked TCU on Saturday.
Which of these Big 12 rivals will advance to the second round tonight?
Oklahoma State vs Oklahoma Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: OKLAST: (-115) | OKLA: (-104)
- Spread: OKLAST: -0.5 (-118) | OKLA: +0.5 (-104)
- Total: 134.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Oklahoma State enters this contest as the slim favorite on the moneyline while the spread is a pick 'em situation, per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 9:30 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 134.5 points with both sides sitting at -110 odds.
Oklahoma State vs Oklahoma Betting Trends
- Oklahoma State's record against the spread is 15-16-0.
- The Cowboys are 11-6 as 1.5-point favorites or more.
- There have been 17 Oklahoma State's games (out of 31) that went over the total this year.
- Oklahoma has 13 wins in 30 games against the spread this year.
- The Sooners' ATS record as 1.5-point underdogs or greater is 9-9.
- Out of Oklahoma's 30 games so far this year, 17 have hit the over.
|Oklahoma State Rank||Oklahoma State AVG||Oklahoma AVG||Oklahoma Rank|
Oklahoma State vs Oklahoma Prediction & Pick
Oklahoma is the better team heading into this matchup. The Sooners' two wins in their last three outings came against TCU and Iowa State — both ranked schools. Meanwhile, the Cowboys lost to the Horned Frogs by 25 just over two weeks ago and have lost against their last four ranked opponents.
Oklahoma also has recent impressive defensive performances under its belt, holding two of its last three opponents to 60 or fewer points. On the other hand, Oklahoma State hasn't been able to stop a nosebleed, allowing an 81.2 PPG clip over its previous six contests. The Sooners might not have the best offense, but their 74 points against TCU show that they can take advantage of the Cowboys.
In what should be a competitive affair, side with Oklahoma.
Final Score Prediction: Oklahoma: 71 | Oklahoma State: 68
Oklahoma State vs Oklahoma Best Bet
I recommend backing the over on tonight's 134.5-point total. Neither team is a stranger to seeing more points scored than projected. After all, the over is 8-3 in Oklahoma's last 11 games while being 5-1 in Oklahoma State's last six. On top of that, the Cowboys have seen the over hit in all but two of their last 12 Big 12 matchups.
With Oklahoma State's defense also looking anything but reliable lately, I'm taking the points tonight.
Bet: Over 134.5 (-110)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.