North Texas vs UAB Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for March 10 C-USA Tournament (Offenses Go Back and Forth in Frisco)
North Texas vs UAB Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball C-USA Tournament Game
- North Texas (26-6, 16-4 C-USA) vs. UAB (24-8, 14-6 C-USA)
- Date: Friday, March 10, 2023
- Time: 3:00 PM ET
- Venue: Ford Center at The Star -- Frisco, Texas
- Coverage: CBS Sports Network
The C-USA Tournament continues on Friday with a thrilling matchup between the UAB Blazers and North Texas Mean Green. UAB is aiming to win back-to-back titles for the first time in program history. The winner of this semifinal matchup will face the victor of the Middle Tennessee vs FAU showdown.
UAB enters on a seven-game winning streak that includes an 87-60 victory over Rice in the second round on Thursday. Meanwhile, North Texas has now won 11 of its last 12 games following a 74-46 victory over Louisiana Tech in the second round. Which team will advance to the final with a win?
North Texas vs UAB Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: NO TEX: (-114) | UAB: (-105)
- Spread: NO TEX: -1.5 (-104) | UAB: +1.5 (-118)
- Total: 124.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
North Texas enters this contest as a slight favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 3 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 124.5 points, which is below average compared to Friday's projected totals.
North Texas vs UAB Betting Trends
- North Texas' record against the spread is 17-13-0.
- Against the spread as 0.5-point favorites or more, the Mean Green are 16-11.
- There have been 14 North Texas' games (out of 30) that hit the over this year.
- UAB has 13 wins in 31 games against the spread this year.
- The Blazers have won once ATS (1-3) as a 0.5-point underdog or greater this season.
- Out of UAB's 31 games so far this year, 22 have hit the over.
|North Texas Rank||North Texas AVG||UAB AVG||UAB Rank|
North Texas vs UAB Prediction & Pick
It's always easy to side with the team with momentum in conference tournaments, but both UAB and North Texas are playing their best basketball of the season right now. Over the last five games, the Blazers have posted an average scoring margin of +14.8, while North Texas has posted one of +15.6.
The main difference between these teams is offenisve strategy. North Texas runs a ton of isolated plays as it ranks 311th in assists per game (11.1). On the other side, UAB passes the ball at every opportunity as it averages 14.5 assists per game (No. 60 in NCAA). Team basketball prevails here.
Jordan Walker is the best player on the court in this game, so give me the Blazers to advance.
Final Score Prediction: North Texas: 65 | UAB: 69
North Texas vs UAB Best Bet
It's surprising to see a low point total for this game given this is more of an offensive matchup than it is a defensive one. Both UAB and North Texas rank among the top 100 teams in offensive efficiency as well as three-point shooting percentage. Talented scorers can be found up and down the rosters.
The total has hit the over in seven of UAB's last eight games in March and in seven of its last eight games played on a neutral court. The over has also cashed in six of North Texas' last eight games against a team with a winning percentage above .600. Root for points in this C-USA semifinal game.
Bet: Over 124.5 Points (-110)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.