Nets vs. Knicks Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for January 28 (New York Surprises on Banged-Up Brooklyn Squad)
Nets vs. Knicks Game Info
- Date: Saturday, January 28, 2023
- Time: 5:30 PM ET
- Venue: Barclays Center -- Brooklyn, New York
- Coverage: ABC
Saturday, Jan. 28's NBA schedule includes a battle in the Empire State as the Brooklyn Nets (29-19) hist the New York Knicks (27-23).
The Nets are just 2-6 in their last eight games due to a growing injury list, most recently falling 130-122 to the Detroit Pistons on Thursday. Meanwhile, the Knicks have a ton of momentum on their side after picking up a 120-117 overtime win over the Eastern Conference-leading Boston Celtics.
Can the Nets reverse their fortunes against their crosstown rivals? Or will the Knicks figure out a way to nab their third consecutive victory?
Nets vs. Knicks Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: NYK: (+106) | BKN: (-124)
- Spread: NYK: +1.5 (-106) | BKN: -1.5 (-114)
- Total: 223 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Nets enter this contest as slim home favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 5:30 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 223 points with -110 odds on both sides.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Nets vs. Knicks Betting Trends
- The Nets are 23-23-0 against the spread this season.
- The Knicks have an ATS record of 12-10-1 in their 23 games when underdogs by 1.5 points or more this season.
- Nets games have gone over the total 18 times out of 48 chances this season.
- Knicks games this year have hit the over on 25 of 48 set point totals (52.1%).
- Brooklyn has covered the spread in a lower percentage of its home games than away games. It has covered nine times in 21 games when playing at home, and it has covered 14 times in 25 games on the road.
- In 2022-23 against the spread, New York has a lower winning percentage at home (.375, 9-14-1 record) than away (.667, 16-8-0).
Nets vs. Knicks Prediction & Pick
There's a good chance that the Nets will be shorthanded, once again, on Saturday. Kevin Durant is still sidelined for two weeks with his knee injury while Ben Simmons (knee), T.J. Warren (shin) and Day'Ron Sharpe (back) are all questionable to face the Knicks.
With the Nets clearly at less than 100% and struggling to perform well, I see the Knicks pulling off an upset tonight. It also helps that New York is 12-3 ATS in its last 15 road games, whereas Brooklyn has failed to cover the spread in 14 of its last 20 clashes with the Knicks.
With momentum on their side following the huge win over the Celtics, the Knicks are in a good place to shock the Nets at Barclays Center.
Final Score Prediction: Knicks: 115 | Nets: 112
Nets vs. Knicks Best Bet
I recommend backing the Knicks as +1.5 underdogs as the best bet tonight. As mentioned above, the Knicks have covered the spread in 80% of their last 15 road games. They're also 16-4 ATS in their last 20 games against the Nets, who have failed to cover in six of their last nine outings.
The Knicks are the better team at the moment and have what it takes to further add to the Nets' increasing woes.
Bet: Knicks +1.5 (-108)
Watch FanDuel TV’s new NBA show “Run It Back” with Shams Charania, Michelle Beadle, Chandler Parsons, and Eddie Gonzalez Monday-Wednesday at 10 ET on FanDuel TV, the FanDuel Youtube page, or download the podcast here: fanduel.com/podcasts.
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.