Houston vs Cincinnati Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for March 11 AAC Tournament (Cougars Shut Down Bearcats in Texas)
Houston vs Cincinnati Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball AAC Tournament Game
- No. 1 Houston (30-2, 17-1 AAC) vs. Cincinnati (21-11, 11-7 AAC)
- Date: Saturday, March 11, 2023
- Time: 3:00 PM ET
- Venue: Dickies Arena -- Fort Worth, Texas
- Coverage: ESPN2
Saturday, March 11's NCAA college basketball slate features the No. 1 Houston Cougars and the Cincinnati Bearcats going head-to-head in an AAC Tournament semifinal matchup at 3 p.m. ET.
Houston's defense was as dominant as ever in its 60-46 win over East Carolina in yesterday's quarterfinal tilt. Meanwhile, Cincinnati also cruised to an 84-54 victory against Temple that saw the Bearcats outscore the Owls by double digits in each half.
Can Houston continue proving why it's the country's top-ranked program? Or will Cincinnati do the unthinkable by handing the Cougars an early elimination?
Houston vs Cincinnati Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: HOU: (-520) | CINCY: (+385)
- Spread: HOU: -9.5 (-110) | CINCY: +9.5 (-110)
- Total: 135.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Houston enters this contest as the lopsided favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 3 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 135.5 points with both sides available at -110 odds.
Houston vs Cincinnati Betting Trends
- Houston has 17 wins in 32 games against the spread this year.
- The Cougars' ATS record as 9.5-point favorites or more is 15-13.
- Houston has played 32 games this season, and 15 of them have hit the over.
- Cincinnati has covered the spread 21 times in 31 games.
- The Bearcats have won twice ATS (2-1) as a 9.5-point underdog or more this season.
- Cincinnati has played 31 games this season, and 17 of them have hit the over.
|Houston Rank||Houston AVG||Cincinnati AVG||Cincinnati Rank|
Houston vs Cincinnati Prediction & Pick
Cincinnati might have a solid offense, but it'll be no match for Houston's defense. The Cougars allow the fewest points (56.2 PPG) on the worst field-goal percentage allowed (36.3%) in the entire country. They also average 24.4 defensive rebounds per game (T-No. 71) while stealing the ball on 12.8% of possessions (No. 12).
Cincinnati also hasn't had any recent luck against its AAC rival, losing eight straight games to Houston. The Cougars' dominance is further proved by the fact that it beat the Bearcats by an average of 20 points over that stretch, winning all but one of those contests by a double-digit margin.
Also back by experience coming from winning the last two AAC Tournaments, Houston's won have any issues winning this afternoon.
Final Score Prediction: Houston: 76 | Cincinnati: 62
Houston vs Cincinnati Best Bet
Scoring tends to be tough any time Cincinnati takes on Houston. The Bearcats have been held to fewer than 60 points in seven of their last eight meetings with the Cougars, averaging just 57 PPG in that span.
Tonight, Cincinnati's projected point total sits at 62.5. Considering how it's only surpassed that number once in the previous eight meetings with Houston, I expect another quiet night for Cincinnati on the way.
Bet: Cincinnati — Under 62.5 Points (-110)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.