Grizzlies vs. Trail Blazers Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 1 (Can Portland Keep Climbing in the West?)
Grizzlies vs. Trail Blazers Game Info
- Date: Wednesday, February 1, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Venue: FedExForum -- Memphis, Tennessee
- Coverage: BSSE and ROOT Sports NW
The 2022-23 NBA season continues on Wednesday with nine more games, including a battle between the Portland Trail Blazers and Memphis Grizzlies. The Trail Blazers rank 12th in the Western Conference with a 24-26 record, while the Grizzlies check in second with an impressive 32-18 record.
Portland enters as a victor in three of its last four games following a 129-125 win over the Atlanta Hawks on Monday. Meanwhile, Memphis snapped a five-game losing streak thanks to a 112-100 victory over the Indiana Pacers on Sunday. Which Western Conference foe will win on Wednesday?
Grizzlies vs. Trail Blazers Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: MEM: (-210) | POR: (+176)
- Spread: MEM: -5 (-110) | POR: +5 (-110)
- Total: 239 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Grizzlies enter this contest as notable home favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 239 points, which is above average compared to Wednesday's projected totals.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Grizzlies vs. Trail Blazers Betting Trends
- The Grizzlies have put together a record of 24-24-1 against the spread this season.
- The Trail Blazers have been underdogs by 5.5 points or more 11 times this season and are 5-6 ATS in those matchups.
- This season, Grizzlies games have hit the over 22 times.
- Trail Blazers games this year have eclipsed the over/under 46.9% of the time (23 out of 49 games with a set point total).
- Against the spread, Memphis has performed better at home, covering 15 times in 23 home games, and nine times in 26 road games.
- In 2022-23 against the spread, Portland has a better winning percentage at home (.542, 13-11-0 record) than on the road (.480, 12-13-0).
Grizzlies vs. Trail Blazers Prediction & Pick
The stars have come to play for these two teams as of late. Ja Morant has notched back-to-back triple-doubles for Memphis, while Damian Lillard has averaged a ridiculous 44.0 points over his last three games with Portland. That one-on-one battle will be exciting to watch for any fan tuning in.
The Trail Blazers are an underdog in this one for a reason. The Grizzlies own a 21-3 record at FedEx Forum and are averaging 119.7 points per home game (No. 5 in NBA). They also force 15.3 turnovers per game (No. 7 in NBA), while the Trail Blazers commit 15.6 turnovers per away game (No. 24 in NBA).
Memphis is riding an eight-game home winning streak, so back the Grizzlies on Wednesday night.
Final Score Prediction: Grizzlies: 120 | Trail Blazers: 114
Grizzlies vs. Trail Blazers Best Bet
It's surprising to see this game's total rank as one of the highest on Wednesday's slate. After all, the total has hit the under in each of Portland's last seven away games as well as in each of Memphis' last six games overall. The under has also cashed in six of the last seven matchup between these squads.
If those trends aren't enough, keep in mind Memphis could be without one of its best long-range shooters in Desmond Bane and Portland could be without its starting center in Jusuf Nurkic tonight. The role players could step up with massive performances and this total should still stay under 239.
Bet: Under 239 Points (-110)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.