Florida Atlantic vs Middle Tennessee Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for March 10 C-USA Tournament (Expect Fireworks)
Florida Atlantic vs Middle Tennessee Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball C-USA Tournament Game
- Florida Atlantic (29-3, 18-2 C-USA) vs. Middle Tennessee (19-13, 11-9 C-USA)
- Date: Friday, March 10, 2023
- Time: 12:30 PM ET
- Venue: Ford Center at The Star -- Frisco, Texas
- Coverage: CBS Sports Network
Friday, March 10's NCAA college basketball schedule features a C-USA Tournament semifinal matchup between the Florida Atlantic Owls and Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders.
Florida Atlantic hardly broke a sweat in its quarterfinal matchup, blowing out Western Kentucky 75-51 less than 24 hours ago. Meanwhile, Middle Tennessee battled back from a 13-point deficit to pick up a 66-65 win over Charlotte, highlighted by a game-high 22 points from Camryn Weston.
So, which C-USA program will punch its ticket to the final this afternoon?
Florida Atlantic vs Middle Tennessee Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: FAU: (-550) | MIDTEN: (+400)
- Spread: FAU: -9.5 (-120) | MIDTEN: +9.5 (-102)
- Total: 140.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Florida Atlantic enters this contest as the clear favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 12:30 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 140.5 points with both sides sitting at -110 odds.
Florida Atlantic vs Middle Tennessee Betting Trends
- Florida Atlantic has beaten the spread 21 times in 30 games.
- The Owls' ATS record as 8.5-point favorites or more is 12-6.
- Florida Atlantic has seen 17 of its 30 games hit the over.
- Middle Tennessee has covered the spread 15 times in 30 games.
- The Blue Raiders have no wins ATS (0-2) as a 8.5-point underdog or more this year.
- There have been 19 Middle Tennessee games (out of 30) that hit the over this season.
|Florida Atlantic Rank||Florida Atlantic AVG||Middle Tennessee AVG||Middle Tennessee Rank|
Florida Atlantic vs Middle Tennessee Prediction & Pick
Although nothing is guaranteed in sports, I don't see Middle Tennessee winning this afternoon. It's important to remember that the Blue Raiders lost back-to-back games before the tournament began and could barely defeat a mediocre Charlotte team.
Meanwhile, Florida Atlantic is the conference's best team for a reason. The Owls have a top-25 offense in the nation and have been operating at an 84.7 PPG clip on 50.0% shooting over the last three games. For comparison, Middle Tennessee averages just 60.3 points on 42.0% field goal shooting over that stretch.
Florida Atlantic is also hungry for revenge after losing to Middle Tennessee less than one month ago. With a trip to the championship game on the line, I fully expect the Owls to use that motivation to take home the victory.
Final Score Prediction: Florida Atlantic: 78 | Middle Tennessee: 72
Florida Atlantic vs Middle Tennessee Best Bet
As the best bet this afternoon, I recommend backing the over on the 140.5-point total. Neither team is a stranger to high-scoring games. After all, the over is 9-3 in Middle Tennessee's last 12 games and 6-2 in FAU's previous eight. On top of that, the over is a combined 25-17 in both sides' conference matchups this season.
Considering that Florida Atlantic and Middle Tennessee have also surpassed 140.5 points in each of their last three meetings, expect a fair amount of offense today.
Bet: Over 140.5 Points (-110)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.