Creighton vs Providence Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 14 (Defenses Step Up in Big East Showdown)
Creighton vs Providence Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- No. 18 Creighton (17-8, 11-3 Big East) vs. No. 24 Providence (18-7, 10-4 Big East)
- Date: Tuesday, February 14, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Venue: Amica Mutual Pavilion -- Providence, Rhode Island
- Coverage: Fox Sports 1
The 2022-23 college basketball season continues on Tuesday with an exciting matchup between the No. 18 Creighton Bluejays and No. 24 Providence Friars. Creighton enters on an eight-game winning streak that includes a 56-53 win over UConn on Saturday. Guard Trey Alexander racked up 17 points.
Meanwhile, Providence couldn't keep up in a 73-68 loss to St. John's on Saturday to earn its second loss in its last three games. Bryce Hopkins balled out with 29 points and 9 rebounds, but the Friars shot just 33.3% from the floor as a team. Which Big East squad will emerge victorious on Tuesday?
Creighton vs Providence Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: CREIGH: (-134) | PROV: (+112)
- Spread: CREIGH: -2.5 (-102) | PROV: +2.5 (-120)
- Total: 139.5 -- Over: (-115) | Under: (-105)
Creighton enters this contest as a slight road favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 139.5 points, which is about average compared to Tuesday's projected totals.
Creighton vs Providence Betting Trends
- Against the spread, Creighton is 12-13-0 this year.
- Against the spread as 2.5-point favorites or more, the Bluejays are 9-10.
- Out of 25 Creighton's games so far this year, 11 have hit the over.
- Providence is 16-9-0 against the spread this season.
- The Friars are 6-3 as 2.5-point underdogs or greater.
- Out of Providence's 25 games so far this year, 12 have hit the over.
|Creighton Rank||Creighton AVG||Providence AVG||Providence Rank|
Creighton vs Providence Prediction & Pick
It's been a roller coaster season for Creighton. The Bluejays started off ranked as a top-10 program with a 6-0 record before they subsequently lost eight of their next 11 games. People began writing off head coach Greg McDermott's team, but the recent winning streak shows that was a mistake.
Creighton has the foundation to make a tournament run. Five different players are averaging at least 11.4 points per game and the Bluejays shoot 47.0% as a team (No. 35 in NCAA). The Friars are vulnerable here considering they haven't beat a ranked opponent since the beginning of January.
Creighton is also 6-3 straight up in its last nine games against Providence, so back the Bluejays.
Final Score Prediction: Creighton: 68 | Providence: 65
Creighton vs Providence Best Bet
This Big East battle that could go either way, which makes shifting gears to the point total a smart move. Creighton has allowed an average of 58.7 points over its last three games, while Providence allows an opponent shooting percentage of 41.2% in home games. The defenses are stepping up.
The total has hit the under in four of Creighton's last five games overall as well as in six of Creighton's last eight away games. The under has also cashed in five of Providence's last six games overall and in five of its last six matchups against Creighton. Trust the trends and back a low-scoring game tonight.
Bet: Under 139.5 Points (-110)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.