Chiefs vs Eagles Expert Picks & Predictions for NFL Super Bowl 57
NFL enthusiasts are in for a treat with Super Bowl LVII being less than a week away. A clash between the Kansas City Chiefs and Philadelphia Eagles pits Patrick Mahomes head-to-head against Jalen Hurts under center, meaning there's a good chance that this will be a firework-filled event.
Both teams finished at the top of their respective conferences, so it isn't a shock to see the Chiefs and Eagles heading to Glendale, AZ. Their impressive play has resulted in FanDuel Sportsbook calling for a close-fought matchup, slightly favoring Philadelphia at -1.5 points while giving -110 odds to both sides to cover.
Even with the Eagles being favored at -122 odds on the moneyline, you can never count out Mahomes and the Chiefs. After all, while betting odds are a good way of projecting how an event could unfold, nothing is ever guaranteed in sports.
Instead of just trusting the Super Bowl 57 betting lines, here's a look at some of the industry's biggest projection models and NFL experts' thoughts on who'll take home the Lombardi Trophy this weekend.
Chiefs vs Eagles Projections
ESPN FPI: Chiefs (51.8%)
numberFire: Eagles (50.9%)
FiveThirtyEight: Chiefs (57%)
Moneyline Projection: Eagles (55.0%)
Projected Winner: Eagles (2), Chiefs (2)
Whether you're a believer in advanced analytics or the power of betting markets, it's clear that viewers can expect a close-fought matchup. After all, none of the highlighted sources are giving either team more than a 57% chance of winning.
Having said that, the average of the four sources gives the Chiefs a 50.7% chance to win Super Bowl LVII (resulting in the Eagles sitting at 49.3%).
What's interesting is that the above projections point to the Chiefs being the better bet here. At +104 odds, you only need the Chiefs to win 49.0% of the time to break even. If you're a believer in analytics and projections, that could be the best bet of the game for you.
If you're more interested in who the experts are picking, however, we'll take a look at that too.
Chiefs vs Eagles Expert Picks
- Matt Bowen: Eagles
- Mike Clay: Eagles
- Jeremy Fowler: Eagles
- Dan Graziano: Chiefs
- Jason Reid: Chiefs
- Seth Wickersham: Eagles
ESPN Total: Eagles (4), Chiefs (2)
Sports Illustrated Experts
- Albert Breer: Chiefs
- Mitch Goldich: Eagles
- Gary Gramling: Chiefs
- Greg Bishop: Eagles
- Michael Rosenberg: Chiefs
- Andrew Brandt: Eagles
- Conor Orr: Eagles
- John Pluym: Chiefs
Sports Illustrated Total: Eagles (4), Chiefs (4)
CBS Sports Experts
- Pete Prisco: Chiefs
- Jason La Canfora: Eagles
- Will Brinson: Eagles
- Jared Dubin: Chiefs
- Ryan Wilson: Chiefs
- John Breech: Chiefs
- Dave Richard: Eagles
- Jamey Eisenberg: Chiefs
CBS Total: Chiefs (5), Eagles (3)
Expert Totals: Chiefs (11), Eagles (11)
Super Bowl LVII is shaping up to be a game that could go either. Not only are the Chiefs and Eagles equally split when it comes to projections, but they're also split 50/50 when it comes to the highlighted experts.
If you're a bettor wanting to get in on the Super Bowl action, you can't go wrong with either side. After all, the Chiefs and Eagles ended as the top team in their respective conference for a reason. Keeping that in mind, the average projection percentage does give Kansas City a small edge, meaning there's solid value to be had by backing the Chiefs as underdogs on the moneyline.
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.