Astros vs Athletics Prediction, Odds, Moneyline, Spread & Over/Under for August 14
The Sunday slate in the MLB includes a matchup between the Houston Astros and the Oakland Athletics.
Before you do any MLB betting on this matchup at FanDuel Sportsbook, here's what you need to know.
Astros vs Athletics Game Info
- Houston Astros (74-41) vs. Oakland Athletics (41-73)
- Date: Sunday, August 14, 2022
- Time: 2:10 PM ET
- Venue: Minute Maid Park -- Houston, Texas
Astros vs Athletics Odds & Moneyline
- All MLB odds, betting lines and prop bets are available on FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: HOU: (-270) | OAK: (+220)
- Spread: HOU: -1.5 (-120) | OAK: +1.5 (-100)
- Total: 8 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Astros vs Athletics Probable Starting Pitchers
The starting pitchers are Cristian Javier (6-8) for the Houston Astros, and Cole Irvin (6-9) for the Oakland Athletics.
Astros vs Athletics Prediction & Pick
All MLB win probability predictions and picks are according to numberFire.
Prediction: Astros win (66.2%)
Astros vs Athletics Moneyline
- The moneyline numbers for Astros vs. Athletics reveal Houston as the favorite (-270) and Oakland as the underdog (+220) on the road.
Astros vs Athletics Spread
- The Astros are 1.5-run home favorites on the runline against the Athletics. The Astros are -120 to cover, and the Athletics are -100.
Astros vs Athletics Over/Under
- Astros versus Athletics, on August 14, has an over/under of 8, with the over being -110 and the under -110.
Astros vs Athletics Betting Trends
- The Astros have come away with 63 wins in the 93 contests they have been listed as the favorites in this season.
- Houston has a win-loss record of 7-5 when favored by -270 or better by bookmakers this year.
- Houston and their opponents have hit the over in 42 of their 109 games with a total set by oddsmakers this season.
- The Athletics have put together a 34-57 record in games they were the underdog on the moneyline (winning 37.4% of those games).
- Oakland is 3-7 (winning just 30% of its games) when playing as a moneyline underdog of +220 or longer.
- Oakland has had an over/under set by bookmakers 106 times, and has combined with opponents to go over the total in 44 of those games (44-57-5).