Xavier vs Seton Hall Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 24 (Can Musketeers Overcome Pesky Pirates Defense)
Xavier vs Seton Hall Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- No. 16 Xavier (20-8, 12-5 Big East) vs. Seton Hall (16-12, 9-8 Big East)
- Date: Friday, February 24, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Venue: Prudential Center -- Newark, New Jersey
- Coverage: Fox Sports 1
Friday, Feb. 24's NCAA college basketball schedule includes a battle between two struggling Big East teams as the No. 16 Xavier Musketeers take on the Seton Hall Pirates.
Xavier dropped to 1-3 in its last four games with Tuesday's 64-63 loss to Villanova. Meanwhile, Seton Hall has also lost three of its last four outings, most recently falling 64-55 to UConn on Saturday.
So, which of these down-on-their-luck Big East schools will emerge victorious tonight?
Xavier vs Seton Hall Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: XAVIER: (-125) | SETON: (+104)
- Spread: XAVIER: -1.5 (-110) | SETON: +1.5 (-110)
- Total: 141.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Xavier enters this contest as the slim road favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 141.5 points with both sides sitting at -110 odds.
Xavier vs Seton Hall Betting Trends
- Against the spread, Xavier is 15-13-0 this season.
- As 1.5-point favorites or more, the Musketeers are 10-10 against the spread.
- This year, 17 of Xavier's 28 games have gone over the point total.
- Seton Hall's record against the spread is 15-12-0.
- The Pirates are 6-6 as 1.5-point underdogs or greater.
- Out of Seton Hall's 27 games so far this year, 10 have hit the over.
|Xavier Rank||Xavier AVG||Seton Hall AVG||Seton Hall Rank|
Xavier vs Seton Hall Prediction & Pick
Playing on the road hasn't gone well for Xavier as of late. The Musketeers have dropped four of their last five road games and while they're averaging 81.9 PPG this season (No. 8), they only put up a 71.2 PPG in those away matchups.
I don't see Xavier's offensive luck changing much tonight. Seton Hall plays a solid defensive game at home, allowing just 62.1 PPG on 37.9% shooting. That's not even to mention how the Pirates force 15.5 turnovers per game at Prudential Center while averaging 8.8 steals.
Seton Hall has also won four of its last meetings with Xavier, which includes a 73-71 victory the last time these Big East foes clashed in Newark, NJ.
As long as Seton Hall continues its impressive defensive play, the home team should be victorious tonight.
Final Score Prediction: Seton Hall: 72 | Xavier: 69
Xavier vs Seton Hall Best Bet
When it comes to the best bet, I'm backing Seton Hall outright on the moneyline. The Pirates have had the Muskeeters' number more often than not recently and also boast a 10-4 record at Prudential Center this season. With Xavier struggling to win on the road and its offense playing below expectations, I can't bring myself to back the away team.
Seton Hall's defense will come through in the end, playing a big role in it pulling off the upset.
Bet: Seton Hall ML (+104)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.