Wizards vs. Timberwolves Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for Nov. 28 (T-Wolves Struggle to Stop Wizards' Shooters)
Wizards vs. Timberwolves Game Info
- Date: Monday, November 28, 2022
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Venue: Capital One Arena -- Washington D.C.
- Coverage: NBCS-DC and BSN
The 2022-23 NBA season continues on Monday, Nov. 28 with a slate of 10 games, including a showdown between the Minnesota Timberwolves and Washington Wizards. The Timberwolves enter this matchup having lost back-to-back games, including an ugly 137-114 loss to the Golden State Warriors on Sunday.
It isn't like the Wizards have had much better luck, though. Washington has now last three straight games following a 130-121 loss to the Boston Celtics yesterday, which saw the Wizards fail to lead beyond the first six minutes of the first quarter.
Wizards vs. Timberwolves Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: MIN: (+100) | WAS: (-118)
- Spread: MIN: +1 (-112) | WAS: -1 (-110)
- Total: 227 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Wizards enter this contest as slight home favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 227 points, which average compared to the rest of Monday's projected totals.
Wizards vs. Timberwolves Betting Trends
- The Timberwolves have registered a 7-12-0 record against the spread this season.
- The Wizards are 5-4 ATS when underdogs by 1 point or more this year.
- Timberwolves games have gone over the total seven times out of 18 chances this season.
- Wizards games this year have hit the over 44.4% of the time (eight out of 18 games with a set point total).
- Against the spread, Minnesota has fared worse when playing at home, covering three times in 11 home games, and four times in eight road games.
- Against the spread, Washington has had better results on the road (4-4-0) than at home (4-5-1).
Wizards vs. Timberwolves Prediction & Pick
The Wizards have gotten the better of the Timberwolves for quite some time, winning each of their last five meetings. It's been over three years since Minnesota last won in the nation's capital and while a lot has changed since then, I can see Washington getting the win tonight.
The T-Wolves get a lot of their work down low, averaging 52.7 points in the paint (No. 7). Unfortunately for them, the Wizards are one of the best teams at guarding the frontcourt, allowing only 46.6 points in the pain (sixth-best).
Furthermore, the Wizards should be able to take advantage of the Timberwolves' lackluster perimeter defense. While Washington averages 12.9 threes (T-No. 11) on a 38.6% success rate at home (No. 8), Minnesota allows an NBA-worst 14.2 threes per game on 36.8% shooting (eighth-worst).
Back the Wizards ending their skid tonight.
Final Score Prediction: Wizards: 119 | Timberwolves: 110
Wizards vs. Timberwolves Best Bet
A one-point spread means a pick 'em situation and I expect the Wizards to get the job done. Not only are they the better team statistically this season, but they've also won five of their last six road games, whereas the Timberwolves haven't won at Capital One Arena since 2019.
Take the Wizards on the spread as the best bet for this game.
Bet: Wizards -1 (-110)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.