Wizards vs. Thunder Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for November 16 (Porzingis Carries the Wiz to Victory)
Wizards vs. Thunder Game Info
- Date: Wednesday, November 16, 2022
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Venue: Capital One Arena -- Washington D.C.
- Coverage: NBCS-DC and BSOK
Wednesday's NBA slate includes an intra-conference matchup between the Washington Wizards and Oklahoma City Thunder. The Thunder have been part of some high-scoring shootouts lately, most recently losing 126-122 against the Boston Celtics on Monday.
Washington, meanwhile, is riding a four-game winning streak into this one. They've taken down several Western Conference contenders during this stretch, including a 102-92 win over the Memphis Grizzlies on Sunday.
Wizards vs. Thunder Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: WAS: (-205) | OKC: (+172)
- Spread: WAS: -5 (-110) | OKC: +5 (-110)
- Total: 229 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Oddsmakers are giving the 8-6 Wizards the advantage here. Washington is -205 on the moneyline and favored by 5 points on the spread, while OKC is a +172 home underdog Wednesday. The 229-point over/under ranks in the middle of the pack among tonight's games.
Wizards vs. Thunder Betting Trends
- The Wizards are 7-4-1 against the spread this season.
- So far this year, the Thunder have been installed as underdogs by a 5-point margin or more 11 times and are 8-3 ATS in those games.
- Games involving the Wizards have hit the over four times out of 14 chances this season.
- The Thunder have gone over the point total 64.3% of the time this season (nine of 14 games with a set point total).
- When playing at home, Washington has a worse record against the spread (4-2-1) compared to its ATS record on the road (3-2-0).
- Oklahoma City's winning percentage against the spread at home is .571 (4-3-0). On the road, it is .714 (5-2-0).
Wizards vs. Thunder Prediction & Pick
With a leaky defense, the Thunder's only hope most nights is to get into high-scoring affairs. However, Washington's philosophy is the opposite. The Wizards want to slow things down, as evidenced by them playing at the league's seventh-slowest pace.
Despite this team ranking second in fewest points per game, they've won eight contests thanks to a defense that's holding opponents to the eighth-fewest PPG and owns the 11th-best defensive rating. I expect the Wizards to control this game with their more experienced lineup and push their win streak to five games.
Prediction: Wizards 115 | Thunder 107
Wizards vs. Thunder Best Bet
Kristaps Porzingis is on fire heading into this contest. He's scored 31 and 25 points, respectively, in his last two games while shooting a scorching 54.3% from the field. The big man has somehow been even better from deep, connecting on 10-of-18 (55.6%) of his 3-point tries during this stretch.
OKC struggles to defend everybody, allowing the eighth-most PPG to opponents so far. The Thunder trot out an undersize frontcourt that either lacks the length or size to give Porzingis fits. He should be able bully his way to a nice scoring night.
Bet: Kristaps Porzingis - Over 20.5 points (-104)
Isaiah De Los Santos is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Isaiah De Los Santos also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username zayyy05328. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.