Wisconsin vs Michigan State Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for January 10 (Spartans Pounce on Badgers' Accuracy Issue)
Wisconsin vs Michigan State Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- No. 14 Wisconsin (11-3, 3-1 Big Ten) vs. Michigan State (11-4, 3-1 Big Ten)
- Date: Tuesday, January 10, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Venue: Kohl Center -- Madison, Wisconsin
Tuesday, Jan. 10's NCAA college basketball schedule includes a huge Big Ten clash between the No. 14 Wisconsin Badgers and Michigan State Spartans.
Wisconsin looks to bounce back tonight after Saturday's 79-69 loss to Illinois stopped the Badgers' winning streak at six games. Meanwhile, Michigan State picked up its own sixth consecutive victory with a 59-53 effort against Michigan over the weekend.
Can Wisconsin avoid losing back-to-back games for the first time this season? Or will Michigan State find a way to extend its winning ways on the road?
Wisconsin vs Michigan State Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: WISC: (+100) | MICHST: (-120)
- Spread: WISC: +1.5 (-114) | MICHST: -1.5 (-106)
- Total: 126.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Michigan State enters this contest as the slight favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 126.5 points, which is among the lowest of Tuesday's totals.
Wisconsin vs Michigan State Betting Trends
- Wisconsin is 8-5-0 against the spread this season.
- Against the spread as 1.5-point favorites or more, the Badgers are 4-4.
- There have been eight Wisconsin's games (out of 13) that hit the over this year.
- Michigan State's record against the spread is 8-7-0.
- The Spartans are 3-1 as 1.5-point underdogs or greater.
- Michigan State has played 15 games this season, and seven of them have gone over the total.
|Wisconsin Rank||Wisconsin AVG||Michigan State AVG||Michigan State Rank|
Wisconsin vs Michigan State Prediction & Pick
One of the reasons why Wisconsin fell to Illinois is that the Badgers couldn't guard the perimeter, allowing the Fighting Illini to shoot 10-of-19 (52.6%) from three-point range. Unfortunately, Wisconsin must now face a Michigan State squad that's decent from range, averaging 7.4 threes (T-No. 165) on 37.1% shooting (No. 42).
Wisconsin's 43.2% field-goal percentage (No. 213) also highlights accuracy issues for the home team. If that trend continues, Michigan State has the tools to take advantage of any misses, entering tonight's action tied for the 18th-most defensive rebounds per game (26.5).
With the Spartans also having won 10 of their previous 13 meetings with the Badgers, I like Michigan State continuing its streak tonight.
Final Score Prediction: Michigan State: 70 | Wisconsin: 67
Wisconsin vs Michigan State Best Bet
Covering a 1.5-point spread shouldn't be challenging for Michigan State after beating Wisconsin by six points in their last meet back in March 2022. In fact, the Spartans boast a plus 5.9 scoring margin in their last 13 games against the Badgers, winning by more than 1.5 points in nine of their 10 victories over that stretch.
Holding the rebounding and shooting advantages, look for Michigan State to cover tonight's spread.
Bet: Michigan State -1.5 (-106)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.