Western Kentucky Hilltoppers Bowl Game History (Wins, Appearances and All-Time Record)
Bowl game season is an exciting time in college football. Schools across the nation will battle it out for postseason glory and a chance to end their year on a high note.
One team that's no stranger to playing in bowl games is the Western Kentucky Hilltoppers. Here's everything you need to know about WKU's bowl history before making its next appearance.
Western Kentucky Bowl Game History
Western Kentucky has been an active participant in the college football postseason, playing in 15 bowls all-time.
The Hilltoppers made their first bowl appearance in 1952 while playing in the lower division of the NCAA. WKU emerged with a 34-19 win over Arkansas State in the Refrigerator Bowl that year, giving the school its first-ever bowl victory.
Western Kentucky participated in six various bowls as a member of the lower divisions of NCAA football. The program then joined the Division I FBS level in 2009 and has appeared in nine bowls since. The Hilltoppers' most recent postseason game was in the 2022 New Orleans Bowl, which they won 44-23 over South Alabama.
Western Kentucky Bowl Game Wins and Appearances
Western Kentucky owns a 10-5 all-time record in bowl games. Check out the school's full bowl results below.
- Refrigerator Bowl (Dec. 7, 1952): Western Kentucky 34, Arkansas State 19
- Tangerine Bowl (Dec. 28, 1963): Western Kentucky 27, Cost Guard 0
- Grantland Rice Bowl (Dec. 8, 1973): Western Kentucky 28, Grambling 20
- Camellia Bowl (Dec. 15, 1973): Louisiana Tech 34, Western Kentucky 0
- Grantland Rice Bowl (Dec. 6, 1975): Western Kentucky 14, New Hampshire 3
- Camellia Bowl (Dec. 13, 1975): Northern Michigan 16, Western Kentucky 14
- Little Caesars Pizza Bowl (Dec. 26, 2012): Central Michigan 24, Western Kentucky 21
- Bahamas Bowl (Dec. 24, 2014): Western Kentucky 49, Central Michigan 48
- Miami Beach Bow (Dec. 21, 2015): Western Kentucky 45, South Florida 35
- Boca Raton Bowl (Dec. 20, 2016): Western Kentucky 51, Memphis 31
- Cure Bowl (Dec. 16, 2017): Georgia State 27, Western Kentucky 17
- First Responder Bowl (Dec. 30, 2019): Western Kentucky 23, Western Michigan 20
- LendingTree Bowl (Dec. 26, 2020): Georgia State 39, Western Kentucky 21
- Boca Raton Bowl (Dec. 18, 2021): Western Kentucky 59, Appalachian State 38
- New Orleans Bowl (Dec. 21, 2022): Western Kentucky 44, South Alabama 23
Isaiah De Los Santos is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Isaiah De Los Santos also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username zayyy05328. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.