West Virginia vs Oklahoma State Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 20 (Expect Fireworks in Big 12 Battle)
West Virginia vs Oklahoma State Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- West Virginia (15-12, 4-10 Big 12) vs. Oklahoma State (16-11, 7-7 Big 12)
- Date: Monday, February 20, 2023
- Time: 7:00 PM ET
- Venue: WVU Coliseum -- Morgantown, West Virginia
- Coverage: ESPN2
Monday, Feb. 20's NCAA college basketball schedule includes a Big 12 showdown between the West Virginia Mountaineers and Oklahoma State Cowboys at 7 p.m. ET.
Neither program has found much recent success. West Virginia heads into tonight's game on a three-game losing streak following Saturday's 78-72 loss to Texas Tech. Meanwhile, Oklahoma State is coming off a 100-75 blowout loss to ranked TCU over the weekend, marking the Cowboys' second consecutive loss.
So, which of these Big 12 schools will taste victory tonight?
West Virginia vs Oklahoma State Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: WVU: (-210) | OKLAST: (+172)
- Spread: WVU: -4.5 (-120) | OKLAST: +4.5 (-102)
- Total: 143.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
West Virginia enters this contest as the clear home favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 7 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 143.5 points with both sides sitting at -110 odds.
West Virginia vs Oklahoma State Betting Trends
- West Virginia's record against the spread is 12-14-0.
- The Mountaineers' ATS record as 4.5-point favorites or more is 7-3.
- Out of 26 West Virginia's games so far this season, 18 have gone over the total.
- Oklahoma State is 14-13-0 against the spread this season.
- The Cowboys have won twice ATS (2-5) as a 4.5-point underdog or greater this season.
- Oklahoma State has played 27 games this year, and 14 of them have gone over the total.
|West Virginia Rank||West Virginia AVG||Oklahoma State AVG||Oklahoma State Rank|
West Virginia vs Oklahoma State Prediction & Pick
Oklahoma State might have one of the better scoring defenses this season (65.6 PPG, T-No. 52), but that wasn't the case against TCU. The Horned Frogs shot 68.4% from the floor and 53.3% from three-point range against the Cowboys, who were also heavily out-rebounded 33-21.
After a poor defensive performance like that, I'm certain that West Virginia can have success tonight. The Mountaineers hit 45.9% of their field goals and 37.0% of their three-point attempts at WVU Coliseum, where they're 11-4 this season with a plus-9.8 scoring margin. For reference, Oklahoma State is a minus-1.8 on the road.
Considering that Oklahoma State has lost five of its seven Big 12 road games this season, I predict that West Virginia breaks out of its funk tonight.
Final Score Prediction: West Virginia: 78 | Oklahoma State: 73
West Virginia vs Oklahoma State Best Bet
For tonight's best bet, I have my eyes on the total going over 143.5 points. For starters, West Virginia and Oklahoma State haven't played well defensively lately. The Cowboys have surrendered 87-plus points in back-to-back outings, while the Mountaineers have allowed an average of 83.7 points over their last three games.
On top of that, the over is 7-1 in Oklahoma State's last eight games while being 4-1 in West Virginia's last five at home. With conference competition elevating the stakes, expect a high-scoring affair tonight.
Bet: Over 143.5 Points (-110)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.