Virginia vs Pittsburgh Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for January 3 (Cavaliers Win a Tight One)
Virginia vs Pittsburgh Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- No. 13 Virginia (10-2, 2-1 ACC) vs. Pittsburgh (10-4, 3-0 ACC)
- Date: Tuesday, January 3, 2023
- Time: 9:00 PM ET
- Venue: Petersen Events Center -- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
College basketball's Tuesday slate features a handful of ACC clashes, including one matchup between the No. 13 Virginia Cavaliers and the Pittsburgh Panthers.
Virginia bounced back from a pair of losses before Christmas with two straight victories, including a 20-point blowout against Albany and an 18-point victory on the road at Georgia Tech.
Meanwhile, Pittsburgh has won four straight including a pair of victories in ACC play. They captured their best win of the year after topping No. 25 North Carolina 76-74 on Friday.
Virginia vs Pittsburgh Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: UVA: (-205) | PITT: (+168)a
- Spread: UVA: -4.5 (-115) | PITT: +4.5 (-105)
- Total: 129.5 -- Over: (-105) | Under: (-115)
Virginia is considered a marginal favorite in this clash. The Cavaliers are -205 on the moneyline and favored by 4.5 points. The over/under is fairly low at 129.5 points.
Virginia vs Pittsburgh Betting Trends
- Virginia has four wins in 12 games against the spread this year.
- The Cavaliers have won twice ATS (2-5) as a 4.5-point favorite or more this year.
- This season, six of Virginia's 12 games have gone over the point total.
- Pittsburgh is 11-3-0 against the spread this year.
- The Panthers are 4-1 as 4.5-point underdogs or more.
- There have been nine Pittsburgh games (out of 14) that hit the over this year.
|Virginia Rank||Virginia AVG||Pittsburgh AVG||Pittsburgh Rank|
Virginia vs Pittsburgh Prediction & Pick
Virginia continues to play the most on-brand form of basketball in college and has racked up 10 wins against college basketball's 11th most difficult schedule. Their only losses came against No. 5 Houston and a closely fought battle with No. 22 Miami.
With this game on the road, and Virginia's recent struggles against the spread (1-4 in their last five), I think this game plays close. Of Virginia's six contests against ranked/power 5 opponents, five of those six games have been decided by 10 points or less.
The Cavaliers defense will be able to slow down Pittsburgh's hot shooting hand, but I'm not comfortable taking them at 4.5 points.
Final Score Prediction: Pittsburgh 68 | Virginia 71
Virginia vs Pittsburgh Best Bet
Virginia has struggled with a 1-4 record against the spread (ATS) in their last five. They are also just 4-8 ATS on the year. The Cavaliers have had no issues racking up wins (10-2) this year, but they played generally close games. Expect tne Panthers' hot offense to keep things close.
Best Bet: Pittsburgh +4.5 (-105)
Adam Taylor McKillop is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Adam Taylor also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username atmckillop. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.