USC vs Washington Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for December 30 (Expect a Slow-Paced, Defensive Battle in Seattle)
USC vs Washington Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- USC (10-3, 2-0 Pac-12) vs. Washington (9-4, 1-1 Pac-12)
- Date: Friday, December 30, 2022
- Time: 10:00 PM ET
- Venue: Alaska Airlines Arena at Hec Edmundson Pavilion -- Seattle, Washington
The 2022-23 college basketball season continues on Friday with an exciting matchup between the USC Trojans and Washington Huskies. USC is coming off a 73-64 win over Colorado State on Dec. 21 where senior Boogie Ellis scored a team-high 18 points. It was the Trojan's sixth victory in a row.
Meanwhile, Washington was on the wrong end of a blowout as it lost to Auburn by a score of 84-61 its last time out (Dec. 21). Senior Keion Brooks Jr. led the offense with 15 points, but the Huskies shot only 36.8% from the floor as a team. They allowed their opponent to shoot 55.9% from the floor.
USC vs Washington Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: USC: (-130) | WASH: (+108)
- Spread: USC: -1.5 (-115) | WASH: +1.5 (-105)
- Total: 137.5 -- Over: (-115) | Under: (-105)
USC enters this contest as slight road favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 10 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 137.5 points, which is about average compared to Friday's projected totals.
USC vs Washington Betting Trends
- USC has six wins in 13 games against the spread this season.
- The Trojans are 3-6 as 1.5-point favorites or more.
- USC has seen six of its 13 games hit the over.
- Washington's record against the spread is 6-7-0.
- The Huskies have two wins ATS (2-2) as a 1.5-point underdog or greater this season.
- There have been eight Washington games (out of 13) that went over the total this season.
|USC Rank||USC AVG||Washington AVG||Washington Rank|
USC vs Washington Prediction & Pick
It's worth pointing out that both of these teams played a ranked Auburn squad recently. Washington fell in a blowout, while USC triumphed in a 74-71 win on Dec. 18. The Trojans have shown that they are not a team to mess around with as they hold opponents to a 38.0% shooting mark (No. 13 in NCAA).
The Huskies allow their opponents to shoot 50.5% from two-point range (No. 193 in NCAA), which is a major problem given the size on USC's roster. The Trojans are going to get to the rim with ease in this game and either score or at least draw contact. Washington logs 17.5 fouls per away game.
USC is 5-0 straight up in its last five games against Washington, so I trust the Trojans to win on Friday.
Final Score Prediction: USC: 68 | Washington: 64
USC vs Washington Best Bet
Conference road games are tough, so don't be surprised if USC does everything it can to slow this game down and not allow Washington to feed off the crowd. It makes backing the under the way to go. The under has cashed in eight of the Huskies' last 10 home games against the Trojans, anyways.
The total has hit the under in five of USC's last seven games overall as well as in eight of Washington's last 11 games against a team with a winning record, too. Both of these teams rank outside the top 250 in field goals attempted per game, so trusting a defensive battle to break out seems safe here.
Bet: Under 137.5 Points (-105)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.