UAB vs Morehead State Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for March 19 NIT Game (Blazers Advance in Low-Scoring Contest)
The 2023 NIT continues on Sunday with a thrilling second-round matchup between the UAB Blazers and Morehead State Eagles. UAB picked apart Southern Mississippi in an 88-60 first-round win on Tuesday, while Morehead State shocked Clemson in a 68-64 first-round road victory on Wednesday.
UAB vs Morehead State Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- UAB (26-9) vs. Morehead State (22-11)
- Date: Sunday, March 19, 2023
- Time: 3:00 PM ET
- Venue: Bartow Arena -- Birmingham, Alabama
- Coverage: ESPN+
UAB vs Morehead State Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: UAB: (-1400) | MOREST: (+800)
- Spread: UAB: -13.5 (-120) | MOREST: +13.5 (-102)
- Total: 143.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
UAB enters this contest as a massive favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 3 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 143.5 points, which is about average compared to Sunday's NIT projected totals.
UAB vs Morehead State Betting Trends
- UAB has beaten the spread 15 times in 34 games.
- As 13.5-point favorites or more, the Blazers are 4-7 against the spread.
- UAB has seen 23 of its 34 games go over the point total.
- Morehead State has covered the spread 16 times in 27 games.
- The Eagles have won once ATS (1-1) as a 13.5-point underdog or greater this season.
- Morehead State has played 27 games this year, and 11 of them have hit the over.
|UAB Rank||UAB AVG||Morehead State AVG||Morehead State Rank|
UAB vs Morehead State Prediction & Pick
UAB succeeded in all facets of the game on Tuesday night. The Blazers shot 47.9% from the floor and grabbed an impressive 19 offensive rebounds, while they held the Golden Eagles to a 25.0% shooting mark from beyond the arc and forced a whopping 24 turnovers. It was a simply dominant showing.
That does not bode well for Morehead State's chances of pulling off another upset. The Eagles rank 176th in defensive efficiency and do not have the talent to stop the Blazers' talented trio of scorers (Jordan Walker, KJ Buffen & Eric Gaines). UAB tallys 80.8 points per game as a team (No. 8 in NCAA).
UAB is in the midst of a six-game home winning streak, so back the Blazers with confidence here.
Final Score Prediction: UAB: 75 | Morehead State: 60
UAB vs Morehead State Best Bet
The Blazers are going to run up the score in this one, but that doesn't mean backing the over is the way to go. The total has hit the under in five of UAB's last seven games overall as well as in seven of its last eight games against an Ohio Valley conference team. It takes its foot off the pedal at times.
The under has also cashed in nine of Morehead State's last 11 games overall and in six of its last seven away games. Both of these defenses are giving up less than 67.0 points over the last four games, which makes a point total set in the 140s seem a bit high. Trust the trends and back the under.
Bet: Under 143.5 Total Points (-110)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.