Trail Blazers vs. Hawks Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for January 30 (Portland Gets Back on Track at the Moda Center)
Trail Blazers vs. Hawks Game Info
- Date: Monday, January 30, 2023
- Time: 10:00 PM ET
- Venue: Moda Center -- Portland, Oregon
- Coverage: NBA TV, ROOT Sports NW, and BSSE
The 2022-23 NBA season continues on Monday with eight more games, including a battle between the Atlanta Hawks and Portland Trail Blazers. The Hawks rank eighth in the Eastern Conference with a 25-25 record, while the Trail Blazers check in 12th in the Western Conference with a 23-26 record.
Atlanta enters as a loser in three of its last four games following a 120-113 loss to the Los Angeles Clippers on Saturday. Meanwhile, Portland has now dropped four of its last six games thanks to a 123-105 loss to the Toronto Raptors on Saturday. Which team will bounce back with a win tonight?
Trail Blazers vs. Hawks Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: POR: (-134) | ATL: (+114)
- Spread: POR: -2 (-114) | ATL: +2 (-106)
- Total: 236.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Trail Blazers enter this contest as slight home favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 10 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 236.5 points, which is about average compared to Monday's projected totals.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Trail Blazers vs. Hawks Betting Trends
- The Trail Blazers have covered the spread 25 times this season (25-23-0).
- The Hawks have been underdogs by 2 points or more 17 times this season and are 10-7 ATS in those matchups.
- This season, 22 of the Trail Blazers' games have gone over the point total out of 47 chances.
- Hawks games this year have gone over the total in 28 of 47 opportunities (59.6%).
- Portland has covered the spread in a higher percentage of its home games than road games. It has covered 13 times in 23 opportunities when playing at home, and it has covered 12 times in 25 opportunities in away games.
- This year, Atlanta is 9-14-0 at home against the spread (.391 winning percentage). On the road, it is 11-13-0 ATS (.458).
Trail Blazers vs. Hawks Prediction & Pick
Trae Young (ankle) is listed as questionable for the Hawks on Monday, as is both Jusuf Nurkic (calf) and Josh Hart (hamstring) for the Trail Blazers. Those injuries are worth keeping an eye on ahead of tip-off. I lean toward the home team in this compelling matchup because of Damian Lillard, though.
Lillard is averaging 42.3 points to go along with 7.7 assists over his last three games and is shooting a ridiculous 63.2% from the floor during that span. Now the six-time All-Star gets to face an Atlanta team that ranks 19th in defensive efficiency and allows 118.3 points per away game (No. 22 in NBA).
Portland is 6-3 straight up in its last nine games against Atlanta, so rock with the Trail Blazers.
Final Score Prediction: Trail Blazers: 121 | Hawks: 115
Trail Blazers vs. Hawks Best Bet
This is a head-to-head series that has favored the Trail Blazers. Not only is Portland 6-3 straight up in its last nine games against Atlanta, but it is also 7-2 against the spread (ATS) during that span. All six of those victories came by a margin of at least five points, too. Lillard's squad a rightful favorite here.
Portland is 10-5 ATS in its last 15 home games, while Atlanta is 0-5 ATS in its last five games at the Moda Center. The Trail Blazers average 119.4 points per game and shoot 49.6% when at home, which are both top-10 marks in he NBA. Stopping that offense is going to be too much to ask of Atlanta.
Bet: Portland Trail Blazers -2 (-114)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.