Timberwolves vs. Pelicans Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for April 9 (Don't Expect Fireworks Inside Target Center)
Timberwolves vs. Pelicans Game Info
- Date: Sunday, April 9, 2023
- Time: 3:30 PM ET
- Venue: Target Center -- Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Coverage: BSN and BSNO
The 2022-23 NBA season concludes on Sunday with 15 games, including a battle between the New Orleans Pelicans and Minnesota Timberwolves. The Pelicans rank eighth in the Western Conference with an improving 42-39 record, while the Timberwolves check in ninth with an average 41-40 record.
New Orleans enters as a victor in nine of its last 11 games following a 113-105 win over the New York Knicks on Friday. Meanwhile, Minnesota has now won six of its last nine games thanks to a 151-131 victory over the San Antonio Spurs on Saturday. Which team will end the regular season with a win?
Timberwolves vs. Pelicans Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: MIN: (-134) | NO: (+114)
- Spread: MIN: -2.5 (-108) | NO: +2.5 (-112)
- Total: 226 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Timberwolves enter this contest as small home favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 3:30 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 226 points, which is about average compared to Sunday's projected totals.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Timberwolves vs. Pelicans Betting Trends
- The Timberwolves have gone 38-39-2 against the spread this season.
- The Pelicans are 6-14-1 ATS when underdogs by 3.5 points or more this season.
- Games involving the Timberwolves have hit the over 37 times this season.
- Pelicans games this season have gone over the total in 36 of 79 opportunities (45.6%).
- Minnesota has covered the spread in a lower percentage of its home games than away games. It has covered 17 times in 39 games at home, and it has covered 21 times in 40 games on the road.
- This season, New Orleans is 22-17-1 at home against the spread (.550 winning percentage). Away, it is 16-22-1 ATS (.410).
Timberwolves vs. Pelicans Prediction & Pick
The Pelicans have been rising up the standings with wins over playoff teams like the Knicks, Denver Nuggets and Los Angeles Clippers. They enter Sunday with a chance to jump all the way up to the No. 5 seed, so expect players like Brandon Ingram and CJ McCollum to give it all they got on the road.
It will be an uphill battle for New Orleans considering it is 15-25 on the road this season, though. The Timberwolves find themselves in a similar position as they could rise as high as the No. 7 seed, which would prove beneficial as it means they would host a play-in game instead of playing on the road.
Minnesota has won 13 of its last 19 games on a Sunday, so take the Timberwolves in a close one.
Final Score Prediction: Timberwolves: 112 | Pelicans: 109
Timberwolves vs. Pelicans Best Bet
There is a lot on the line in this game, so expect both New Orleans and Minnesota to slow down the pace as players try to find their groove. Keep in mind the Timberwolves are playing on the second night of a back-to-back as well, so taking part in a shootout is not exactly what they want to do.
The total has hit the under in 15 of the Pelicans' last 20 games overall and in eight of their last nine away games. The under has also cashed in five of the Timberwolves' last seven games overall and in four of their last six games against the Pelicans. Trust the trends here and back a low-scoring battle.
Bet: Under 226 Total Points (-110)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.