Timberwolves vs. Magic Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for February 3 (Slow Pace Leads to Low-Scoring Game)
Timberwolves vs. Magic Game Info
- Date: Friday, February 3, 2023
- Time: 8:00 PM ET
- Venue: Target Center -- Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Coverage: BSFL and BSN
The 2022-23 NBA season continues on Friday with eight more games, including a battle between the Orlando Magic and Minnesota Timberwolves. The Magic rank 14th in the Eastern Conference with a 20-32 record, while the Timberwolves check in sixth in the Western Conference with a 28-26 record.
Orlando enters as a loser in six of its last 10 games following a 105-94 loss to the Philadelphia 76ers on Wednesday. Meanwhile, Minnesota has now won four of its last five games thanks to a 119-114 overtime win against the Golden State Warriors on Wednesday. Which team will win on Friday night?
Timberwolves vs. Magic Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: MIN: (-198) | ORL: (+166)
- Spread: MIN: -5 (-108) | ORL: +5 (-112)
- Total: 229.5 -- Over: (-112) | Under: (-108)
The Timberwolves enter this contest as notable home favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 8 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 229.5 points, which is below average compared to Friday's projected totals.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Timberwolves vs. Magic Betting Trends
- The Timberwolves are 25-27-1 against the spread this season.
- The Magic have been underdogs by 5 points or more 32 times this season and are 20-10-2 ATS in those games.
- Timberwolves games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 23 times out of 48 chances this season.
- The Magic have eclipsed the over/under 52.1% of the time this season (25 of 48 games with a set point total).
- In home games, Minnesota owns a better record against the spread (15-14-1) compared to its ATS record on the road (10-13-0).
- Orlando's winning percentage against the spread at home is .667 (16-8-0). On the road, it is .500 (12-10-2).
Timberwolves vs. Magic Prediction & Pick
Paolo Banchero is an emerging star for the Magic, but the Timberwolves roster the two best players in this game in Anthony Edwards and D'Angelo Russell. Edwards is averaging 24.9 points and 6.1 rebounds on the year, while Russell has drained seven three-pointers in two of his last three games.
Both of these teams have thrived around the rim, yet have struggled from beyond the arc. When two similar offenses go head-to-head, focusing on the defense is a logical move. Minnesota forces 16.0 turnovers per game (No. 4 in NBA) and allows an opponent shooting mark of just 46.5% (No. 6 in NBA).
Orlando has lost five of its last six road games, so fade the Magic at the Target Center on Friday.
Final Score Prediction: Timberwolves: 115 | Magic: 110
Timberwolves vs. Magic Best Bet
This game has low-scoring, defensive battle written all over it. Both Minnesota and Orlando rank outside the top 20 NBA teams in pace and are each giving up exactly 114.0 points over the last three games. Neither side is afraid of slowing the game down and relying on defense to get the job done.
The total has hit the under in four of the Magic's last six games overall as well as in four of their last five games against the Timberwolves. The under has also cashed in each of the Minnesota's last five games overall and in five of its last six home games. Trust the trends and back the under on Friday.
Bet: Under 229.5 (-108)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.