Thunder vs. Warriors Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for January 30 (Golden State's Perimeter Offense Frustrates OKC)
- Date: Monday, January 30, 2023
- Time: 8:00 PM ET
- Venue: Paycom Center -- Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Coverage: BSOK and NBCS-BA
The Golden State Warriors (25-24) look to keep the ball rolling when they visit the Oklahoma City Thunder (24-25) in one of eight NBA games slated for Monday, Jan. 30.
The Warriors enter tonight's action fresh off Friday's 129-117 victory over the Toronto Raptors, improving to 3-1 over their last four games. Meanwhile, the Thunder most recently picked up a 112-100 win against the Cleveland Cavaliers, leaving them just 0.5 games back of the Western Conference's final play-in spot.
Can the Warriors pick up a rare road win? Or will the Thunder hit the .500 mark with a strong home effort?
Thunder vs. Warriors Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: GSW: (-198) | OKC: (+166)
- Spread: GSW: -5 (-106) | OKC: +5 (-114)
- Total: 242.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Warriors enter this contest as clear road favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 8 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 242.5 points with -110 odds on both sides.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Thunder vs. Warriors Betting Trends
- The Warriors have covered the spread 23 times this season (23-24-1).
- The Thunder have been underdogs by 3.5 points or more 27 times this year and are 20-6-1 ATS in those contests.
- Warriors games have gone over the total 27 times out of 47 chances this season.
- Thunder games this year have hit the over on 26 of 47 set point totals (55.3%).
- Against the spread, Golden State has fared better when playing at home, covering 15 times in 25 home games, and eight times in 23 road games.
- In 2022-23 against the spread, Oklahoma City has a better winning percentage at home (.667, 16-8-0 record) than away (.609, 14-8-1).
Thunder vs. Warriors Prediction & Pick
Despite all of the ups and downs, the Warriors are still one of the best offensive teams. They're averaging 117.9 PPG (No. 2), which has a lot to do with their sinking 16.4 threes (No. 1) with a 37.9% success rate (No. 5). Fortunately for Golden State, the Thunder surrendered 12.3 threes (No. 21) on 36.1% shooting (T-No. 20) at home.
I also like the Warriors' odds of winning due to their being 8-3 in their last 11 trips to Paycom Center, having not lost on the road to the Thunder since November 2019. With Golden State also having the deeper roster and playing the more consistent brand of basketball lately, I see the Warriors being too much for the Thunder to handle.
Final Score Prediction: Warriors: 126 | Thunder: 120
Thunder vs. Warriors Best Bet
Stephen Curry enters tonight's game with a projected point total of 28.5. Fortunately for him, he's had a fair amount of recent success against the Thunder. He's averaging 30.4 points on .506/.475/.941 shooting splits in his last nine games against Oklahoma City, finishing with more than 28.5 in five of those contests.
With the Thunder's three-point defense being below-average at home, Curry should have plenty of success from distance, resulting in his hitting the over on his projected point total.
Bet: Stephen Curry — Points: Over 28.5 (-102)
Watch FanDuel TV’s new NBA show “Run It Back” with Shams Charania, Michelle Beadle, Chandler Parsons, and Eddie Gonzalez Monday-Wednesday at 10 ET on FanDuel TV, the FanDuel Youtube page, or download the podcast here: fanduel.com/podcasts.
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.