Thunder vs. Grizzlies Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for December 17 (Memphis Can't Be Slowed Down by Struggling OKC)
Thunder vs. Grizzlies Game Info
- Date: Saturday, December 17, 2022
- Time: 8:00 p.m. ET
- Venue: Paycom Center -- Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Coverage: BSOK and BSSW
Seven matchups are on the NBA's Saturday, Dec. 17 schedule, including a tilt between teams heading in opposite directions as the Oklahoma City Thunder (11-18) host the Memphis Grizzlies (19-9).
It's been nearly two weeks since the Thunder last won a game, as they've dropped five in a row heading into Saturday's action. On the other hand, the Grizzlies have won seven consecutive games to surge to the top of the Western Conference standings.
Can OKC snap out of their funk against a championship contender? Or will Memphis continue its winning ways at Paycom Center?
Thunder vs. Grizzlies Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: MEM: (-340) | OKC: (+275)
- Spread: MEM: -8.5 (-110) | OKC: +8.5 (-110)
- Total: 233.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Grizzlies enter this contest as clear road favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 8 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 233.5 points, which is the highest of Saturday's projected totals.
Thunder vs. Grizzlies Betting Trends
- The Grizzlies have covered the spread 14 times over 27 games with a set spread.
- The Thunder have been underdogs by 7.5 points or more eight times this year and are 6-2 ATS in those contests.
- Games involving the Grizzlies have hit the over 14 times out of 29 chances this season.
- Thunder games this season have gone over the point total 16 times in 29 opportunities (55.2%).
- Against the spread, Memphis has fared better at home, covering 11 times in 14 home games, and three times in 13 road games.
- Oklahoma City has been better against the spread on the road (10-6-0) than at home (7-6-0) this year.
Thunder vs. Grizzlies Prediction & Pick
There's little reason to believe the Thunder stand a chance tonight. Oklahoma City has allowed the fourth-most points (117.2 PPG) and most rebounds (48.3) per game this season while ranking 10th-worst in offensive efficiency, struggling on both ends of the court.
Meanwhile, the Grizzlies have been one of the best teams on both sides of the ball, averaging 116.5 points (No. 6) while allowing 111.3 (No. 10). The result is the fourth-best scoring margin in the NBA (plus-5.1), whereas Oklahoma City ranks seventh-worst with a minus-1.9 rate.
Furthermore, the Thunder have proven that they are no match for the Grizzlies this season. OKC has already lost two games to Memphis by double digits and it's hard to believe that this result will be any different.
Final Score Prediction: Grizzlies: 123 | Thunder: 112
Thunder vs. Grizzlies Best Bet
Even though the Thunder allow the most rebounds, don't count on a big performance from Steven Adams. His former team has done a good job at neutralizing his presence in the paint, holding him to just 12 total rebounds in their two matchups so far this year.
FanDuel currently has Adams' rebound total set at 9.5 with the Over favored at -134 odds, but I don't see him reaching that. On top of being held to nine or fewer rebounds in three of his last five games against Oklahoma City, he's finished with the under on this prop in each of his last four games, averaging 5.8 RPG over that stretch.
Erring on the side of caution, I'm going with the under on his 9.5-rebound total.
Bet: Steven Adams — Rebounds: Under 9.5 (+110)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.