Texas vs TCU Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for January 11 (Offense Reigns Supreme in Big 12 Showdown)
Texas vs TCU Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- No. 10 Texas (13-2, 2-1 Big 12) vs. No. 17 TCU (13-2, 2-1 Big 12)
- Date: Wednesday, January 11, 2023
- Time: 9:00 PM ET
- Venue: Moody Center -- Austin, Texas
The 2022-23 college basketball season continues on Wednesday with a thrilling matchup between the No. 17 TCU Horned Frogs and No. 10 Texas Longhorns. TCU is coming off its first Big 12 loss of the season, a 69-67 heartbreaker to Iowa State on Saturday. Junior Mike Miles racked up 18 points.
Meanwhile, Texas bounced back from a tough conference loss to Kansas State with a 56-46 win over Oklahoma State on Saturday. The Longhorns thrived on defense by forcing 18 turnovers and holding the Cowboys to a 30.4% shooting mark. Marcus Carr led the offense with 12 points and 4 assists.
Texas vs TCU Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: TEXAS: (-295) | TCU: (+230)
- Spread: TEXAS: -6.5 (-110) | TCU: +6.5 (-110)
- Total: 143.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
Texas enters this contest as notable home favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 9 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 143.5 points, which is above average compared to Wednesday's projected totals.
Texas vs TCU Betting Trends
- Texas has beaten the spread six times in 15 games.
- The Longhorns' ATS record as 6.5-point favorites or more is 4-7.
- Out of 15 Texas' games so far this season, eight have gone over the total.
- TCU has beaten the spread eight times in 15 games.
- The Horned Frogs are unbeaten ATS (1-0) as a 6.5-point underdog or greater this season.
- Out of TCU's 15 games so far this year, nine have gone over the total.
|Texas Rank||Texas AVG||TCU AVG||TCU Rank|
Texas vs TCU Prediction & Pick
TCU has passed both of its first two road tests this season, but playing at the Moody Center is as tough as it gets. The Longhorns are 9-1 with a +21.8 average scoring margin in home games for a reason. The crowd is going to be absolutely wild and that will only help the players on the court thrive.
Texas is getting it done on both ends of the court as it ranks 10th in offensive efficiency and 21st in defensive efficiency. What sets the Longhorns apart from the Horned Frogs in this one is three-point shooting. Texas shoots 34.9% from beyond the arc at home, while TCU shoots 28.9% on the road.
Texas is also 7-1 straight up in its last eight games against TCU, so give me the Longhorns in a close one.
Final Score Prediction: Texas: 76 | TCU: 72
Texas vs TCU Best Bet
These Big 12 squads know how to score the basketball. Texas ranks 10th in the country averaging 82.3 points per game, while TCU checks in 36th averaging 78.0 points per game. Backing the over lines up as the best option considering it has cashed in six of the Longhorns' last seven games.
The total has also hit the over in four of TCU's last five games overall as well as in six of its last eight games against a conference opponent. There are stars all over the place in this matchup as Miles, Carr, Timmy Allen and Eddie Lampkin Jr. are all set to suit up. Trust those stars to ball out tonight.
Bet: Over 143.5 Points (-110)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.