TCU vs Kansas State Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for January 14 (Horned Frogs Put Wildcats' Streak in Jeopardy)
TCU vs Kansas State Game Info
- 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Regular Season Game
- No. 17 TCU (13-3, 2-2 Big 12) vs. No. 11 Kansas State (15-1, 4-0 Big 12)
- Date: Saturday, January 14, 2023
- Time: 2:00 PM ET
- Venue: Schollmaier Arena -- Fort Worth, Texas
The No. 17 TCU Horned Frogs go one-on-one with the No. 11 Kansas State Wildcats in a Big 12 showdown slated for Saturday, Jan. 14.
After a 13-1 start to the campaign, TCU has lost back-to-back outings, msot recently falling 79-75 to tanked Texas on Wednesday. Meanwhile, Kansas Sate continue its ascent up the rankings with Tuesday's 65-57 victory over Oklahoma State, marking the Wildcats' ninth win in a row.
Can TCU end its losing streak before it reaches three games? Or will Kansas State's successful run reach double digits?
TCU vs Kansas State Odds & Spread
- All college basketball betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: TCU: (-205) | KAN ST: (+168)
- Spread: TCU: -4.5 (-110) | KAN ST: +4.5 (-110)
- Total: 148.5 -- Over: (-115) | Under: (-105)
TCU enters this contest as the clear favorite on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 2 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 148.5 points with the over being favored at -115 odds.
TCU vs Kansas State Betting Trends
- TCU's record against the spread is 9-7-0.
- The Horned Frogs are 5-7 as 3.5-point favorites or more.
- TCU has played 16 games this season, and 10 of them have gone over the total.
- Kansas State's record against the spread is 11-5-0.
- As a 3.5-point underdog or greater, the Wildcats have two wins ATS (2-1).
- This season, nine of Kansas State's 16 games have hit the over.
|TCU Rank||TCU AVG||Kansas State AVG||Kansas State Rank|
TCU vs Kansas State Prediction & Pick
Although TCU is experiencing a rough patch, a strong defensive performance at home could get them back on track. The Horned Frogs only surrender 60.5 PPG at Schollmaier Arena, holding opponents to a 38.5% field-goal percentage. Furthermore, they also force the 19th-most turnovers at home (18.1) this season.
Kansas State might have the 31st-best scoring offense (78.8 PPG), but it's still far from perfect, as made evident by its only scoring 65 points against Oklahoma State. With TCU's defense being on that same level, if not better, I see the Horned Frogs prevailing tonight.
Final Score Prediction: TCU: 75 | Kansas State: 70
TCU vs Kansas State Best Bet
TCU has the tools to win this game, but don't underestimate Kansas State's ability to keep things close. After all, the Horned Frogs are only 5-4-1 ATS at home this season. Meanwhile, the Wildcats are 3-1 ATS on the road and have covered the spread in six of their last eight games played in January.
Considering how Kansas State is also 12-6 ATS in its last 18 games against TCU, I wouldn't be shocked if the Wildcats covered the spread — potentially even pulling off an outright upset.
Bet: Kansas State +4.5 (-110)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.