Suns vs. Hornets Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for January 24 (Phoenix Defense Shines in Low-Scoring Showdown)
Suns vs. Hornets Game Info
- Date: Tuesday, January 24, 2023
- Time: 9:00 PM ET
- Venue: Footprint Center -- Phoenix, Arizona
- Coverage: BSAZ and BSSE
The basement-dwelling Charlotte Hornets (13-35) continue their road trip with a visit to the Phoenix Suns slate for 9 p.m. ET on Tuesday, Jan. 24.
After wins in the first two games of their four-game road trip, the Hornets tasted defeat with a 120-102 loss to the Utah Jazz on Monday. Meanwhile, the injury-plagued Suns have turned their luck around, picking up their third straight win with Sunday's 112-110 effort against the Memphis Grizzlies.
Will the Hornets end their trip on a high not? Or will the Suns win four games in a row for the first time since November?
Suns vs. Hornets Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: CHA: (+220) | PHO: (-270)
- Spread: CHA: +6.5 (-110) | PHO: -6.5 (-110)
- Total: 227 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Suns enter this contest as clear home favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 9 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 227 points with -110 odds on both sides.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Suns vs. Hornets Betting Trends
- The Suns are 25-22-0 against the spread this season.
- This year, the Hornets have an against-the-spread record of 9-13-1 in their 23 games as an underdog of 6.5 points or more.
- This season, Suns games have hit the over 22 times out of 46 chances.
- Hornets games this year have hit the over on 24 of 46 set point totals (52.2%).
- When playing at home, Phoenix has a better record against the spread (14-10-0) compared to its ATS record in road games (11-12-0).
- This season, Charlotte is 5-15-0 at home against the spread (.250 winning percentage). On the road, it is 13-10-3 ATS (.500).
Suns vs. Hornets Prediction & Pick
The Suns have looked more like the team that they were supposed to be lately. Phoenix's defense has looked better as its players' injuries heal, holding opponents to 109.7 PPG (No. 5) on 44.1% shooting (T-No. 1) over the last three games.
It's well-documented that the Hornets have struggled to score this season, averaging just 112.4 PPG (No. 25). Part of that has to do with their inability to hit three-pointers — especially on the road. Charlotte averages the 11th-fewest threes (11.1) on the fourth-worst percentage (33.3%) in away games.
With the crowd also in their favor, the Suns shouldn't have much of a problem against one of the Association's worst teams.
Final Score Prediction: Suns: 114 | Hornets: 106
Suns vs. Hornets Best Bet
The Suns have experienced their fair share of low-scoring games this season, highlighted by the under being 8-4 in their last 12 games. The under has also been hit in six of their last seven home. Furthermore, games played at Footprint Center this season have seen an average of 223.3 points scored.
With the Suns defense turning things around and the Hornets owning one of the worst offenses, I recommend backing the under tonight.
Bet: Under 227 Points (-110)
Watch FanDuel TV’s new NBA show “Run It Back” with Shams Charania, Michelle Beadle, Chandler Parsons, and Eddie Gonzalez Monday-Wednesday at 10 ET on FanDuel TV, the FanDuel Youtube page, or download the podcast here: fanduel.com/podcasts.
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.