Suns vs. Cavaliers Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for January 8 (Cleveland Bounces Back With Comfortable Road Win)
Suns vs. Cavaliers Game Info
- Date: Sunday, January 8, 2023
- Time: 8:00 PM ET
- Venue: Footprint Center -- Phoenix, Arizona
- Coverage: BSAZ and BSOH
The 2022-23 NBA season continues on Sunday with nine more games, including a battle between the Cleveland Cavaliers and Phoenix Suns. The Cavaliers rank fourth in the Eastern Conference with a 25-15 record, while the Suns check in seventh in the Western Conference with an even 20-20 record.
Cleveland enters as a victor in eight of its last 12 games, but fell short in a 121-108 loss to the Denver Nuggets on Friday. Meanwhile, Phoenix saw its losing streak extended to five games following a 104-96 loss to the Miami Heat on Friday. Which playoff hopeful will bounce back with a win on Sunday?
Suns vs. Cavaliers Odds & Spread
All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: PHO: (+168) | CLE: (-200)
- Spread: PHO: +5 (-110) | CLE: -5 (-110)
- Total: 214 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Cavaliers enter this contest as notable road favorites on moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 8 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 214 points, which ranks as the lowest of Sunday's projected totals.
Suns vs. Cavaliers Betting Trends
- The Cavaliers have registered a 17-18-4 record against the spread this season.
- The Suns are 3-1 ATS when underdogs by 4 points or more this year.
- Cavaliers games have finished with a final combined score above the over/under 19 times this season.
- Suns games this season have hit the over on 18 of 39 set point totals (46.2%).
- Cleveland has covered the spread in a higher percentage of its home games than road games. It has covered 12 times in 21 opportunities at home, and it has covered five times in 18 opportunities in away games.
- Phoenix has performed better against the spread at home (11-9-0) than away (9-10-0) this year.
Suns vs. Cavaliers Prediction & Pick
The Suns have been spiraling for about a week now as the absence of top scorer Devin Booker (27.1 points per game) continues to loom large. Phoenix is averaging a dismal 94.6 points per game during its losing streak and has dropped to 20th in the NBA when it comes to shooting percentage (46.6%).
Facing the Cavaliers is not what any team in a slump wants to do, either. Cleveland ranks second in defensive efficiency this season and is allowing only 106.8 points per game (No. 1 in NBA). Look for the likes of Jarrett Allen and Evan Mobley to allow zero kinds of easy buckets down around the rim.
Phoenix has dropped seven straight games against Eastern Conference foes and I expect that mark to reach eight on Sunday.
Final Score Prediction: Suns: 104 | Cavaliers: 115
Suns vs. Cavaliers Best Bet
The injuries don't just stop at Booker for the Suns. Phoenix will also be without Cam Johnson (knee) and Cam Payne (foot) on Sunday, while veteran point guard Chris Paul is listed as questionable with hip soreness. There's simply not enough healthy talent on the roster to keep up with the Cavaliers.
Phoenix is 1-4 against thespread (ATS) in its last five games overall and 2-5 ATS in its last seven home games. Cleveland is 4-1 straight up in its last five games against a Western Conference foe and gets a rested Donovan Mitchell on Sunday back after he sat out against the Nuggets. The choice is clear.
Bet: Cleveland Cavaliers -5 (-110)
Larry Rupp is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Larry Rupp also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username phillyfan424. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.