Suns vs. Heat Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for January 6 (Miami Takes Advantage of Phoenix's Latest Struggles)
Suns vs. Heat Game Info
- Date: Friday, January 6, 2023
- Time: 10:00 PM ET
- Venue: Footprint Center -- Phoenix, Arizona
- Coverage: ESPN, BSAZ, and BSSUN
Eleven NBA matchups are slated for Friday, Jan. 6, including an inter-conference get-together between the Phoenix Suns (20-19) and Miami Heat (20-19).
The Suns have hit their biggest rough patch of the season, extending their losing skid to four games with Wednesday's 90-88 loss to the Cleveland Cavaliers. Meanwhile, the Heat look to get back on track after a 112-109 loss to the Los Angeles Lakers ended Miami's winning streak at two games.
Can the Suns end their losing ways before they worsen? Or will the Heat cause Phoenix even more despair at Footprint Center?
Suns vs. Heat Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: MIA: (-138) | PHO: (+118)
- Spread: MIA: -2 (-114) | PHO: +2 (-106)
- Total: 214 -- Over: (-112) | Under: (-108)
The Heat enter this contest as slight road favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 10 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 214 points, which is about average compared to Friday's totals.
|Favorite||Spread||Favorite Spread Odds||Underdog Spread Odds||Total||Over Total Odds||Under Total Odds||Favorite Moneyline||Underdog Moneyline|
Suns vs. Heat Betting Trends
- The Heat have covered the spread 15 times in 39 games with a set spread.
- The Suns are 6-5 ATS when underdogs by 1 point or more this year.
- This season, 18 of the Heat's games have gone over the point total out of 38 chances.
- Suns games this season have gone over the total in 18 of 38 opportunities (47.4%).
- Miami has done a better job covering the spread when playing on the road (10-10-0) than it has in home games (5-13-1).
- Phoenix's winning percentage against the spread at home is .579 (11-8-0). On the road, it is .474 (9-10-0).
Suns vs. Heat Prediction & Pick
Saying that the Suns have struggled without Devin Booker would be an understatement. First of all, Phoenix owns an abysmal 2-8 record in games without Booker so far this season. Secondly, the Suns have averaged just 94.3 points during their four-game skid, which is — by far — the worst clip in the NBA over that span.
While the Heat are far from a perfect team, they've at least won four of their last six games. They're also scoring at a 114.8 PPG clip over that stretch, meaning they shouldn't have an issue with a Suns team that has finished with fewer than 90 points in each of their last two games.
Until Booker is back in Phoenix's lineip, fade the Suns.
Final Score Prediction: Heat: 112 | Suns: 97
Suns vs. Heat Best Bet
The Heat won't have any issues covering the 2-point spread tonight. During their four-game skid, the Suns have been outscored by an average of 13.8 points. Furthermore, Phoenix is also 0-8 ATS in its last eight games on Friday and 2-12 ATS in its last 14 home games against the Heat.
With Maimi also covering the spread in four of its last six games, the Heat will win this game by at least a three-pointer.
Bet: Heat -2 (-110)
Watch FanDuel TV’s new NBA show “Run It Back” with Shams Charania, Michelle Beadle, Chandler Parsons, and Eddie Gonzalez Monday-Wednesday at 10 ET on FanDuel TV, the FanDuel Youtube page, or download the podcast here: fanduel.com/podcasts.
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.