Spurs vs. Heat Prediction, Odds & Best Bet for December 17 (Miami D Locks Down San Antonio in Mexico City)
Spurs vs. Heat Game Info
- Date: Saturday, December 17, 2022
- Time: 5:00 p.m. ET
- Venue: Mexico City Arena -- Mexico City, Mexico
- Coverage: NBA TV, KENS, and BSSUN
Seven matchups are on the NBA's Saturday, Dec. 17 schedule, including a showdown in Mexico City between the San Antonio Spurs (9-19) and Miami Heat (15-15).
The Spurs have won three of their last four games during their best stretch of basketball since late October, while the Heat have won four of their last five and are coming off three straight wins.
Which team will stay hot in Mexico City on Saturday?
Spurs vs. Heat Odds & Spread
- All NBA betting lines, odds and prop bets are from FanDuel Sportsbook.
- Moneyline: MIA: (-330) | SA: (+265)
- Spread: MIA: -8 (-110) | SA: +8 (-110)
- Total: 222.5 -- Over: (-110) | Under: (-110)
The Heat enter this contest as clear favorites on the moneyline and spread per FanDuel Sportsbook's odds. This 5 p.m. ET clash also features an over/under of 222.5 points, which is the third-lowest of Saturday's projected totals.
Spurs vs. Heat Betting Trends
- The Heat have covered the spread in a matchup 10 times this season (10-19-1).
- The Spurs are 5-8 ATS when underdogs by 7 points or more this season.
- Heat games have gone over the total 15 times out of 27 chances this season.
- Spurs games this year have hit the over 48.1% of the time (13 out of 27 games with a set point total).
- Miami has covered the spread in a lower percentage of its home games than road games. It has covered three times in 15 games when playing at home, and it has covered seven times in 15 games on the road.
- This year, San Antonio is 7-9-0 at home against the spread (.438 winning percentage). On the road, it is 4-7-0 ATS (.364).
Spurs vs. Heat Prediction & Pick
This is the second matchup of the season between these two teams after the Spurs picked up a 115-111 victory exactly one week ago. The Heat haven't lost a game since then, though, succeeding due to a defense that's held their last three opponents to a 99.3 PPG clip.
Even though this is technically a home game for the Spurs, it's hard to trust them away from AT&T Center. San Antonio averages the eighth-fewest points away from home (110.1 PPG) while also sporting an NBA-worst minus-11.3 scoring margin.
Considering that the Heat are also 4-1 straight up in their last five games against the Spurs, I like their odds of getting revenge for last week's loss. Give me Miami being victorious south of the border.
Final Score Prediction: Heat: 115 | Spurs: 107
Spurs vs. Heat Best Bet
Tyler Herro has been red-hot lately, averaging 25.7 points in his last nine games. As a result, his projected point total for tonight is set at 22.5 points.
Herro shouldn't have an issue going over that total. It's something he's done in six of his last eight games, including each of the last two. He also scored 23 points against these same Spurs last Saturday.
With the Heat giving Herro 43 field-goal attempts over his last two games alone, he should have more than enough volume this evening to go over 22.5 points.
Bet: Tyler Herro — Points: Over 22.5 (-120)
Devon Platana is not a FanDuel employee. In addition to providing DFS gameplay advice, Devon Platana also participates in DFS contests on FanDuel using his personal account, username PepeSilvia0. While the strategies and player selections recommended in his articles are his personal views, he may deploy different strategies and player selections when entering contests with his personal account. The views expressed in their articles are the author's alone and do not necessarily reflect the views of FanDuel.
Game odds refresh periodically and are subject to change.